What kind of sausage for ABTs?

MustGoFast

Knows what a fatty is.
Making my first Buffalo Turds this weekend - Curious what the preferred sausage of choice is for these? I see smoky's referenced a lot but usually that's not what I've seen in the pictures on here unless "lil smokies" aren't what was meant by smoky's. Thanks...

Good to have you Go Fast.
First, there is no requirement that there be sausage in an ABT. When I make them I never use meat in the filling, but some folks will use shrimp, pulled pork, whatever they have.
I prefer using chopped smoked string cheese and some form of dried fruit like Craisins, dried cherries, dried apricots, dates, etc...
Also depends on how you make them. Are you planning on making boats (cut in half lengthwise) or keeping them whole? If you're doing boats I could see a little smokie sitting in one.

ABTs are pretty freeform...
At Da_Forks house, the usual sausage is hot Italian that's been browned in a skillet prior to stuffing and wrapping. Breakfast sausage gets the call as well.

Good to have you Go Fast.
First, there is no requirement that there be sausage in an ABT. When I make them I never use meat in the filling, but some folks will use shrimp, pulled pork, whatever they have.
I prefer using chopped smoked string cheese and some form of dried fruit like Craisins, dried cherries, dried apricots, dates, etc...
Also depends on how you make them. Are you planning on making boats (cut in half lengthwise) or keeping them whole? If you're doing boats I could see a little smokie sitting in one.

Yeah planning boats - just easier on the prep.

Back