THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
OK, don't panic.

Calm down.

Take a deep breath.

Everything will be just fine.

The Throwdowns are not going away. They have just been on "hold".

I managed to get the "Congrats" thread and a "Special" TD thread created this week, but stil have not managed to get a Vote TD up.:tsk::cop::butt::whip: I know...I suck.

Truth be told, I have no time right now, at least through 1/4/13, possibly for a few days after that as well. It's a long story, but it involves kidney stones, a house full of maniacal children who no longer go to school, and now work on top of all that.

I thought that with my return to "work", I could get enough time while "working" to make the vote thread yesterday but it didn't "work" that way. I am thankful that "work" is very slow right now, I will say that.

So with that...

The Throwdowns are officially on hold until Monday 1/7/2013. The first vote thread will go up that day (With a Crust).

The next category (once Gore finally decides what it will be) will start on Friday 1/11/2013.

The "Maple Syrup" vote will go up on Monday 1/14/2013.

The winner of the "With a Crust" TD will get to choose the categry beginning on Friday 1/18/2013.
By that point, we will have resumed our normal Throwdown rhythm method.:whoo:

Thanks for your patience!:cool: Or not. I assume you are patient. If you aren't, that's OK too.

Please feel free to voice your opinion, whatever they may be, in this thread. I am certain the opinons expressed in here by our rather sophisticated members will be quite "high-brow".:roll:

Here's the basic tutorial for today's thread...

GO!

6. Cats are difficult, if impossible to train. Most cats won't run with you. If you try to wrestle with a cat, they may not like it, and even if they do like it, you'll probably end up getting hurt.

Guerry, thanks for posting this. Very informative!

:becky:

6. Cats are difficult, if impossible to train. Most cats won't run with you. If you try to wrestle with a cat, they may not like it, and even if they do like it, you'll probably end up getting hurt.

Guerry, thanks for posting this. Very informative!

:becky:

It's funny you picked tip # 6, as I was going to copy paste just that ONE instead of the linky.:thumb:

How many scars do YOU have Moose?:becky:

It's funny you picked tip # 6, as I was going to copy paste just that ONE instead of the linky.:becky::thumb:

They should have added these essential cat facts:

kittykillerrt2.jpg

It's funny you picked tip # 6, as I was going to copy paste just that ONE instead of the linky.:becky::thumb:

Indeed.

This no doubt will be a powerful deterrent for so many here who were considering a cat as a new member of the household.

Actually, I have no cat scars, although The Missus has a few.

They should have added these essential cat facts:

kittykillerrt2.jpg

Not to mention a page or two from it's diary...

The Cat's Diary
Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

evilcat.gif
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Back