Please Weigh In: Should We have Fewer Throwdowns?

I’m gonna have groundhog66 teach me how to post pics and I will do TD’s I’m just not a social media guy! I text pics all the time! Ask Tim lol!

Doug - check out this thread for several options on how to post pictures: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222929

Personally I use Imgur. Imgur added the auto resize functionality since Ronelle put that thread together. You can select the size you want and then upload pictures and it will resize them to the size you selected.

Just curious, what other forums are you posting on where it's easy? I'm not on a lot of other forums anymore, so haven't really kept up. Perhaps a refresh of the forum software? Or maybe something else could be done?

I belong to a few and it's a mixed bag. My parrot forum is like this one, pics must be hosted. A motorcycle forum allows direct uploads and drag & drop if you are a supporting member. Otherwise pics need to be hosted. A home brew forum (HomeBrewTalk) allows direct uploads from anyone, but they have a couple hundred thousand members and I imagine that their servers are massive.

No idea what software any of them are using.

Not having Tapatalk available has made my time here way down. I do most of my browsing at night in the couch on my phone. Tapatalk made it easy and quick to view posts and upload pics. Using the browser on the phone isn’t a great experience and I’m certainly not sitting in my office on the laptop during the evenings. It’s just a much better experience on other social media platforms compared to these old school forums imo. Much larger audience as well (which can be good and bad of course)

Back to the original topic, I've had similar drops in participation at periodic events. I have found that when we cut back on the number of events, going from weekly to every other week for instance, we end up with a greater drop in participation. I've found that when people get out of the habit of doing something at a regular interval, they find it easier to skip the event when it does come around. I think having fewer contests that people might participate in is not going to increase participation. I was going to suggest that you run the throwdowns for a two-week period instead of one week, but I see that already is being done.

Back