THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doesn't really have to be all that complicated. If you don't want to be completely direct with him, instead say "Man, that's ALMOST perfect!".

No one expects things to be perfect, especially when first starting out, so he most likely won't be offended or put off by it at all. To the contrary, he'd probably take being near perfect as a compliment. At the same time, "ALMOST" just hangs there begging the question "what should I have done to reach perfection". When he asks, say that it could have cooked for just a little bit longer, then explain the poke test or bone wiggle test to him.

Great reply just there.
hardest thing to do, is impose what you think is great on anyone.
How abouts you invite the dud to have a BBQ with you and suck some froth.
Always a good way to yap.

Thanks to all that responded...I have a pretty good idea on how to approach it now.

I was going to just keep my mouth shut...but now think it will worth a few words.

Back