THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm down to about half a pallet of Stubbs! Bought all I could find when Lowes put them on clearance. Had 2 pallets so I guess I need to start looking at my next brand.

Just got a Costco membership last Thursday, and they had Kingsford Professional twin 20 lb. packs for $20 with an additional $5 off at the register. I used it Sunday in my WSM and was pretty pleased. Started the fire at 7:00 AM and was still hanging in there at 4:00 PM when I pulled the meat off. Will definitely be buying more.

Just got a Costco membership last Thursday, and they had Kingsford Professional twin 20 lb. packs for $20 with an additional $5 off at the register. I used it Sunday in my WSM and was pretty pleased. Started the fire at 7:00 AM and was still hanging in there at 4:00 PM when I pulled the meat off. Will definitely be buying more.

THANKS,

i need a fat round briquette, anything kingsford has a big "K" stamped into both sides of it thus flattening it out, which I have found to be useless for my cooking aparatus.

Re: Briquettes for the clay griller/smoker

Thought I would bump this again to see if anyone else experienced the same problems, and what did they do about it...

Also tried lump a few times and like it, but I get more even heat distribution with the BriQs, and less charcoal powder at the bottom of the bag, which is actually a waste and pretty much worthless for my firebox.

Ever since Weber quit selling an excellent product the search is on again.

I feel the frustration from an older post!

Went through this with Stubbs briquettes, only they changed their vendor to a poorer quality briq.
For 1-season Trader Joe had an excellent briquette, then it never came back the next grilling season. (I grill year-round but it seems like most of the stores around here have limited selections if it's not summertime)

Just when i found an excellent alternative, Weber stops selling yet another excellent product.

All of these briqs were large, thick, dense, burned hot and long, generated low odor & ash and were exactly what I needed for my 1960's made in Japan ceramic charcoal cooker/smoker that has since been copied several times by companies like green egg and Kamado etc.

Now I'm using Jealous Dev** briquettes because it's the closest thing I can find that works. I hate the name but like the way it performs.

All these flat briqs like kingsford and all the others that squash their briquettes in the manufacturing process to stamp their Logo on it, light fast but burn out too quickly. I would rather wait an extra 5-mins in the charcoal lighting process in order to cook about 4 more courses on the grill before the temp starts to die.

Found 2 sellers of J.D. in my area, Barbeques Galore, and The Woodshed, but still haven't found another brand that I thought was comparable...

Back