Well I Guess I Bought A Klose Smoker Tonight

@ pjtexas1 my plates will be together at the firebox end and the plates will be spaced at the other end .

Last edited:
got the plates cut and installed today and only cost me $32 . they sit 2" below the cooking grate and are 18" L X 5" W X 1/4" Thick and will be trying out this weekend and spacing them to get the temps adjusted right . these are my mods that I do to my smokers and these smokers cook just fine with out them but this helps fine tune them and I have been doing this for 20 years . the final thing I got to do is I ordered gaskets for the main chamber doors from BBQ Gaskets that should be here Friday .

DSCF7031.jpg

DSCF7038.jpg

Awesome! I can't wait to see pron from it. Klose builds great pits. You will be able to enjoy this one for years!

sprayed the inside down with Olive Oil Pam tonight to season it up and to adjust the plates to even out the temps side to side .

flowing great with see through smoke

DSCF7039.jpg

I put two grate probes in 3" in from each end , probe 1 was the farthest from the firebox .

DSCF7051.jpg

probe 2 was closest to the firebox side .

DSCF7054.jpg

a three degree difference I can deal with that , I had the last two plates with a 1/2" gap and a 1/4" gap but if I opened the drain vale all the way it increased the temp to a 9 degree difference . very happy with the Klose Smoker .

DSCF7043.jpg

that is about as close as you can expect. nice work.:thumb: those temps make me miss my Smokemaster.

finally got to try it out today and the Klose did amazing and I see why people buy them . I love how you can open the top to get the fire flaming again with ease if it goes out , bought some USDA Choice Beef ribs from Walley World for $13 for a first cook .

DSCF7070.jpg

DSCF7081.jpg

DSCF7083.jpg

Back