Wedding menu options?

Bushmen's Smokehouse

I am new to the whole catering gig. I have been contacted to do a few weddings ranging from 50-200ppl.
I have been offering the following:

Protein:

Pulled pork
Ribs
Brisket
Chicken drumsticks

Sides:

Baked potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Country potatoes
Corn
Baked beans

Salads:

Coleslaw
Caesar salad
Spinach
Macaroni

I am feeling like I may not be giving enough, or the right options. I usually have them pick two two sides, two salads, and a protein or two.

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you getting requests for other items? Are you having a problem closing on events? If not then it looks ok to me. You might add a phrase stating that if they would like something they don't see on the menu to ask you and you will try to accommodate them.

I agree with HBMTN, that is a solid list and a reasonable one.

About the only thing I can say, is you always want to offer the chance to customize the menu a bit. Also, include a price item for rolls or breads.

I will give the Third Thumbs Up. Unless you start running into problems signing customers go with your current menu options and have FUN!!!

All good comments. But I'd like to suggest that sometimes, it's all taken a little too seriously. Most of us do this because we're having fun with it. It it sounds like fun to work up a new dish or two, do it. If it sounds like work, go with what you have. It's a solid menu either way.

Bu
t I'd like to suggest that sometimes, it's all taken a little too seriously.
Tell that to the BRIDE or her MOTHER.
I think you are on the right track, how about pics like HBMTN posted
about how it's all laid out? And (jealous - except for the work)
and good luck with your gigs.....

Back