Weber Summit Kamado? Mgrills? Good? Worth the money?

tbag

Knows what a fatty is.
I already have a Primo XL and a Gateway drum but I want a third one in my collection. I live in Norway and we don`t have that much to choose from.

I´ve heard that Mgrills are really good and they are now available here BUT I think $3500 is expensive. What do you think? Is it really worth the money?

So now to the topic. Weber Summit kamado. Are they any good? Have read both good and bad things online.
They are $1400 here in Norway.

We also have Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, Masterbuilt + some other brands.
I tried Masterbuilt once and it seem to be bad quality and since I already have a primo and love the oval shape, the other ceramic cookers is no point.

Looking forward to hear your opinions:)

Curious what you’ve heard bad about the Weber Summit/Kamado charcoal? Is it performance related or quality related? Weber has had some quality control issues over past couple years, but seems like they get people taken care of in time. I don’t see many on the used market, so seems people (myself included) are pretty happy with them.

Since you have a Primo, I’m not sure a Weber Kamado is going to do much you can’t already do on the Primo. The M-1 would add the ability to smoke with splits since you don’t have an offset.

I have big green eggs, had and sold kamado joes, and I have added a summit kamado. I love the Weber. The combination kettle/kamado is fantastic.

Honest question here: how different do the ceramic cookers and the summit kamado cook? I’d think they’d be similar but maybe not.

For the MGrills, are you talking M1? That could be a lead into stick burning.

Honest question here: how different do the ceramic cookers and the summit kamado cook? I’d think they’d be similar but maybe not.

For the MGrills, are you talking M1? That could be a lead into stick burning.

I like the M1, but the price has risen too much. It’s 5k now. I know prices have risen all across the lineup for all manufacturers but not like the M1 has. It’s not a 5k grill in my mind.

I have an m1 and I also have a weber summit kamado. Completely different cookers. For bbq, the m1 burning logs all the way. For grilling, it’s a toss up. Can get much hotter searing fire on the m1…can do moderate grilling temps (375-400) better and easier on the weber. Clean out is far easier on the weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t see the Weber as adding a lot to what you can already do with the Primo. The M1 seems to add more options to what you currently have. Whether it’s worth the money for your situation is hard for anyone other than you to say.

I like the M1, but the price has risen too much. It’s 5k now. I know prices have risen all across the lineup for all manufacturers but not like the M1 has. It’s not a 5k grill in my mind.

Wow, I had to go check this out. That’s an unbelievable price increase. Seems like only 2-3 years ago it was like $2195?

If you have any interest in a true offset for something completely different, there’s a really nice guy in Sweden than hand makes them: https://hankstruebbq.com/offsetsmokers/

No idea if that interests you or not since nothing like your listed two, but wasn’t sure if availability was determining your choices more than desired type of cooker.

I agree. It's a nice all around good cooker but not worth $5K. Metal prices are insane. Hopefully metal comes down at some point. It may put some of these builders out of business. I'm not sure what the price point will be when people say "no more".

Agreed but you could probably sell your 3 Star for 30K and buy the M1 if you wanted to.

No doubt… lol! Waiting for the 3 Star to appreciate to the point I could sell, buy a Z Grill from your Top 10 pellet grill list, and retire…

$5k for the M1 = MIND BLOWN!!!

I had the same reaction. I’d always struggled with whether I’d get the M1 or the M36 if I did buy one. That decision is a lot easier right now — it doesn’t look like the M36 went up anywhere close to proportionally.

Regardless though, that’s a serious price increase.

Back