Weber 26" Kettle or E6 Summit?

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
I am going to bring another Weber to my cooking arsenal. I currently do NOT have a weber but I started out with a 22" kettle and an 18" WSM.

I am trying to decide between the 26" kettle and the Summit E6 Kamado.

Does anyone have hands on experience with both of these? I would love to have a recommendation on going one way or the other on these based on some experience.....

Thanks!

I have a 26" Kettle. I absolutely love it, yet it is a fuel hungry monster at times. I have made briskets on it, pulled pork. Lots of other things. I don't think that I could ever go back to a smaller kettle.

- G

Thinking you have your kamado bases covered… ;-)

Love my 26’er! Decked out with a SnS… and perhaps a set of GrillGrates… it flat out cooks!

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong though.

I've had both. I still have the Summit, but the 26" is long gone. I prefer the hinged lid, lid gasket and the vent of the Summit and think it's overall more versatile. However, because of the way the cooking grate rests on a ledge that goes all the way around the perimeter, I don't think it's any bigger than a 22" kettle.

I have the summit - loved it for a year and a half but don't use it as much currently. But for smokers I seem to be more of a shiny object kinda guy - I use a grill for everything for a season then get excited about something new.

I won't get rid of it - if there is one easy fire grill that I feel I could do anything on that would be it. Use my 22" over this only because it is easier to roll out the 22".

All depends on what you have in your arsenal. I have a Primo Kamado and a Weber 26 plus a Lonestargrillz pellet cooker. The LSG gets most of the low and slow and the Primo handles the steak or high temp cooks. Mostly because I have been using it for well over 10 years and have it dialed in for quick and convenient cooks.

But I love the kettle. You can add a bunch of fun things like the slow n sear, vortex, and Gabbys Santa Maria attachment. So much fun and versatility and would give you endless content for your cooking channel.

Hard to beat the versatility of a 26”, I added one to my arsenal last year, and it has been fantastic. In my opinion, it is the absolute go to for chicken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have had my Summit for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. I haven't touched my 22 since I purchased it.

Back