Weber Smokefire returned!

My local Lowes just put them out, and after looking at it, I just laughed. I could see how the feed ramp was not angled enough and for some reason the defuser just didnt look right. I really didnt look any closer than that.
Yes I am a charcoal man, and always have been, but, I do look at the "New & Improved" and this aint it. Sad too because Weber has always been a quality product.
I just guess we will see how they respond to the returns and complaints, hopefully they will stand up and get it right.

In my opinion even if most of these problems were corrected I still don't think this is a $1200 grill. The build quality just does not do it for me.

So there was mention of a PG1000 earlier. I've got one, and also have a GMG Jim Bowie and Davey Crockett. After I got the PG1000 I rarely fire my GMG's unless I need extra cooking space. The Cookshack is far superior in the indirect category...no contest. With that said, the indirect side is only 18" square, so it's not the biggest that's for sure. That would be my only complaint; if they made that bigger I'd be happy. With it being insulated it barely burns pellets. Cooking at 275° I can run it 12 hours and still have half my pellets left from a full fill of 25#.

If I didn't need to do Pizzas on the grill, I'd get rid of the GMG JB in a heartbeat.

Back