THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad you back to feeling human again!

You possess the top of the line in ceramic cookers, do a side by side between the two just for fun! Throw a pork butt of the same size on each one at the same time and let'em roll!

Thanks man. I'm enjoying my health this week. Hard to take it for granted after the last few weeks.

That's a great idea for a video! I'm already doing something similar in a few weeks between the Summit and a different set up, but I'll add that to the idea list.

For your memorial day weekend enjoyment. I would say it's more "informative" towards the beginning and more "entertaining" towards the end. I hope you guys like it.

Even though I can sympathize and even agree with those who think the Summit is too expensive, I honestly think I'm smitten with this smoker.

P.S. The brisket was great!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUJttnSWU4[/ame]

Wish someone would take one of these Nuclear and see if they can cook a steak. Only thing that's holding me back from getting one.

Oops double post sorry

Thanks man. I'm enjoying my health this week. Hard to take it for granted after the last few weeks.

That's a great idea for a video! I'm already doing something similar in a few weeks between the Summit and a different set up, but I'll add that to the idea list.

BBM
Did you ever learn why your Weber Summit was leaking smoke?
I just bought one and hope it isn't a fatal design flaw?
Mark

Wish someone would take one of these Nuclear and see if they can cook a steak. Only thing that's holding me back from getting one.

I understand. One of the things about this grill is because you can raise the grate and cook like a kettle, you don't need to go nuclear. For what it's worth, i've had mine up to 600+ and it did fine. I could have gone hotter, but I didn't need to.

BBM
Mark

I did not get a chance to yet. I've talked to another owner who has had it though. Weber told him it will bet better with time. It doesn't effect temps at all. I'd tell you.

By the way, what did effect the temps was the vents being too clean at first. Temps were high my first few cooks but after they got seasoned up, they worked great.

Congrats on the new toy!

BBM
Mark

Not to worry you'll love your new toy. You'll have no regrets buying it once you cook on it a few times...... After my Shirley purchase this is my next

I did not get a chance to yet. I've talked to another owner who has had it though. Weber told him it will bet better with time. It doesn't effect temps at all. I'd tell you.

By the way, what did effect the temps was the vents being too clean at first. Temps were high my first few cooks but after they got seasoned up, they worked great.

Congrats on the new toy!

Thanks. My upper vent opens toward the front of the grill. What about yours?

My upper vent also opens up toward the front of the grill, which always gets me to yell "doh!" when I open the lid with the vent open and I hear it slam shut.

I've often wondered why the did it like that. I guess if it was in reverse if could do that whenever you close it. Perhaps they were worried about people reaching over the heat to open it? Weber has been sued before and can be very lawyer-y like that sometimes. That's all I can figure.

I've often wondered why the did it like that. I guess if it was in reverse if could do that whenever you close it. Perhaps they were worried about people reaching over the heat to open it? Weber has been sued before and can be very lawyer-y like that sometimes. That's all I can figure.

So it doesn't flip open when you open the lid and slam shut when you close it?

Back