Wanna Tijuana…

Dog looks good - I could use a couple right now.
So it's no longer a thing to pop down to TJ or Juarez and then come home?
Too dangerous?

Sadly, yes. I lived in El Paso and worked in Juarez from ‘91 to ‘97. Right before I left one of the drug lords got killed out in one of the Western states and the reporters immediately said they were worried it would start a drug war. Within weeks someone opened up with an automatic rifle into one of the nicer restaurants of Juarez that we used to go to all the time.

The violence has ebbed and flowed to a point over the years but never gone away. I thought maybe it was just the US media sensationalizing things but I contacted some of my friends who were still down there and that wasn’t the case.

It’s really too bad. A lot of really good people living in an environment they don’t deserve.

On a much lighter note, those dogs look frickin awesome!

Last edited:
^^^ Spent 30+ years in the San Diego area. I have been all over Baja camping and fishing, both Pacific and Sea Of Cortez. Ever since the Mexican cartel's took over from the Colombians, circa 2000, Mainland Mexico has been unsafe, since around 2010 Baja is questionable.

Then again, would not want to find myself is most major US cities either. Sorry if I just stepped over the wp/n&p boundary.

Back