Waiting For The Summit...

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
I ordered a Weber Summit Charcoal Kamado E6 weeks ago, when I got an email saying they were in stock. It's the one with no table. Well, it's finally going to be delivered on Monday and it's killing me! I got email from the shipper and the weight is listed at almost 300 lbs. Seems awful heavy, so I wondering how it comes packaged? Anyone get one of these?

Here is a photo from the Weber site, it looks like it has access for your forklift.

Free-Delivery.jpg

This is how my first one shipped. That was before they redesigned the base though. Nowhere near 300 pounds.

zEef1bjl.jpg

Hmmmm...weird. I know the E6 is somewhere around 140#. Guess there's a lot of packaging there. Thanks for the pics.

I have the one with the table and it’s nowhere near that heavy. Pretty easy to put together and certainly heavier duty than a standard kettle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone's pretty excited for a grill. Reminds me of those people excited for Popeye's chicken sandwich. Or Burger Kings 2 for 5 sandwich commercial.

You are going to love the Summit. I haven't touched my kettle since I got it last November.

Thanks. Only concern is, if the box is as heavy as the shipper says it is, I don't have a lift, so I guess I'll have to get it on a dolly to move it around. Small price to pay though.

Thanks. Only concern is, if the box is as heavy as the shipper says it is, I don't have a lift, so I guess I'll have to get it on a dolly to move it around. Small price to pay though.

Forklift joke aside, it will have to come on a truck with a lift. And they will have a pallet jack, so at least they will get it to your garage. If the box is damaged, have the driver wait until you unpack it.

Forklift joke aside, it will have to come on a truck with a lift. And they will have a pallet jack, so at least they will get it to your garage. If the box is damaged, have the driver wait until you unpack it.

Good advice. I'll do so.

Show us the unit when it arrives, Looks an impressive cooker

Documenting the unpacking, assembly and the first cook would be a good thread. Hint, hint.

One must conquer the Summit.

It cannot be waited upon! :razz:

Looking forward to see what you cook on it!

BTW I would have jumped all over the Primo you sold if I had been paying closer attention, neighbor!

One must conquer the Summit.

It cannot be waited upon! :razz:

Looking forward to see what you cook on it!

BTW I would have jumped all over the Primo you sold if I had been paying closer attention, neighbor!

Oh Man! I'd have held it for you had I known! I would have rather sold it to a Brethren for sure.

FYI...Summit arrived unscathed. It was nowhere near the 300# stated in the shipping document, so I was able to put it on a dolly and move it to the backyard quite easily. I'll do a thread on first impressions once I get it together. Thanks for the help.
NahOOe1.jpg

Back