*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Vote ***

*** Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great entries guys. We all get to use our own criteria for voting and here are my thoughts.

Mongo that burger almost had me. The work you put into it the bun and grinding the meat was impressive. Some may vote just on entry photo but being a poor photographer myself i try and conisider the entry as a whole. if one just voted based on entry photo they may have seen "just a burger" and that was certainly not what you did. Outstanding.

Jed i know i have said it before and ill repeat it here, i love the way you combine traditional culinary arts with live fire cooking techniques. Your entries are often fine dining quality but cooked "with fire". You always impress and even with a camera malfunction your photography is outstanding. Often your photography skill can sway voting in your favor. The lamb was cooked to perfection and i wish i could try those apples. Congratulations on making it this far.

Bucc you are obviously well versed in many styles of cooking and know your way around the kitchen. You put alot of work into your entry and it shows. Your skill in composition adds to your post. What i like most about your entry was it was bbq. that was the factor that tipped the scale in your favor. It was a very close call for me but in the end i decided to vote for the entry that felt most like Q to me. Well done my friend.

Hmm, I haven't been here long enough to know who some of the mystery voters are. It could be just because its the Grand Master TD. :noidea:
As far seeing who's voting for what, I can't speak for everyone, but I vote for what I like. I don't care if you voted for my last entry. If I like the dish, I vote for it.
I figure if I watch and learn, maybe I can get more than one vote on some of the TD's. (1 vote for the spud worm! Really?! :twitch:) J/K. It's all about fun and that's what I'm having.
One things for sure, each and everyone of those entries deserves to be here.
Really awesome plates folks.

Great entries guys. We all get to use our own criteria for voting and here are my thoughts.

Mongo that burger almost had me. The work you put into it the bun and grinding the meat was impressive. Some may vote just on entry photo but being a poor photographer myself i try and conisider the entry as a whole. if one just voted based on entry photo they may have seen "just a burger" and that was certainly not what you did. Outstanding.

Jed i know i have said it before and ill repeat it here, i love the way you combine traditional culinary arts with live fire cooking techniques. Your entries are often fine dining quality but cooked "with fire". You always impress and even with a camera malfunction your photography is outstanding. Often your photography skill can sway voting in your favor. The lamb was cooked to perfection and i wish i could try those apples. Congratulations on making it this far.

Bucc you are obviously well versed in many styles of cooking and know your way around the kitchen. You put alot of work into your entry and it shows. Your skill in composition adds to your post. What i like most about your entry was it was bbq. that was the factor that tipped the scale in your favor. It was a very close call for me but in the end i decided to vote for the entry that felt most like Q to me. Well done my friend.
You're more than gracious. Thank you.

Jed

Last edited:
How about Frech Francs, they're collectors items now :-D
French franks?

10945130_10206573292598161_5083247541070848375_o.jpg

first.. just a quick congrats to the 4 contenders.. those entries look awesome.. I do have my favorite too, but since i was passive-aggressivly 'accused' of swaying voting when i voted in the past, i stopped voting in the throwdowns.

that being said, u guys are giving me work. And honestly, the things that i have to implement is effecting the entire forum community which imo, is not only unfair, but was totally unnecessary if folks would have just kept this thing fun and not so serious, and...... not to mention I had to waste a bunch of time putting in modifications to how we do things and our security/access rights to control who can vote(similar to what Iamamadman said above).

Peeps, ive looked at the mod this morning. Like Ron said, I was hesitant because its not supported on our version of vbulletin and I'm not big on installing unsupported hacks. But i installed it on our dev server and it worked, so I installed it here too. I have also put in restrictions on who can vote in polls in general.

The admin team has been hashing this out, forum modifications have been implemented and they will cover all the details of whats to come. . but its pretty sad things came this far over a TD. Lighten up folks.

***Moderator’s Note***

Due to concerns of vote shilling and potential vote manipulation expressed by a significant number of members of this forum, as well as subtly, or not so subtly attacking other members when clearly there is a personal axe to grind, things have escalated to a point that we have decided this will go no further.

I am officially closing this poll and we will begin anew with a revote of all four entries. In addition, I am locking this thread so no further comments will be allowed.

Chris, Ron, peeps and I have worked hard to keep the TD forum both fun and entertaining. When things become confrontational either directly or by innuendo, or by one-upmanship, and/or engaging in potentially less than honorable behavior, things cease being fun around here and take time away from our work and personal lives as moderators to address this needless behavior. Yet another disappointment is that new members to OUR forum see behavior like this from veteran members and it casts a negative shadow over the entire forum and all members. It also drives people away.

This brings up the larger issue of asking people to vote for specific entrants, in addition of potentially even creating separate usernames/accounts or recruiting new folks for the sole purpose of accumulating votes for TD participants. Why are some of you taking this SO farking seriously? Some of you may be aware that I often post a humorous “Vote for Moose” in vote threads that I have not participated in. This is to bring a bit of levity and humor and a way to tell EACH of you to NOT take all of this so seriously. This is supposed to be FUN.

We have never had a rule against asking for votes, though it has often been viewed as bad form. When we re-open the poll, we ask that YOU as voters put all loyalties aside, forget about any pressure you may have felt through PMs on this forum or other media, and vote on the entry you feel best suits the Throwdown requirements and represents the best the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns has to offer. I would like all of you, both as future contestants and voters to consider this your sole criteria for voting moving FW.

The four finalists ALL have amazing entries that are Masters worthy, so let’s do this again the right way, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back