Vision Kamado $250 @ Sam's Club

Thanks for the heads-up! Got mine yesterday in Orange, CT, for $249.81. There were 3 left after mine, plus the floor model. Just checked the store website and it shows them out of stock. Phew.

How much smoking/grilling can you do without a diffuser plate?
Thanks

Not sure if I understood the question. Do you mean capacity or grilling/smoking time with or without a diffuser?

Just saw this thread. has anyone in soCal located one yet locally at either 250 or 299? I'm not a member there but will figure something out.

They have not dropped the prices here yet in so cal. Anybody seeing those prices drop here, PLEASE send me a PM so I can grab one!

They have not dropped the prices here yet in so cal. Anybody seeing those prices drop here, PLEASE send me a PM so I can grab one!

For the past couple years I've been wanting to pull the trigger on the one at Costco for like 549 or 599 and see in this thread they've been as low at $399 so I'll sit and wait it out.

Where the fark is Santa Poco? Is that a derivative for Santa Pacoima? :wink:

Not sure if I understood the question. Do you mean capacity or grilling/smoking time with or without a diffuser?

From what I have been reading a lot of people use a spider & pizza stone to cook indirect. Due to the close proximity to the fire.
What kind of results without using one?
Eventually I will get one, but probably wouldn't be able to squeeze another $100.00 out of my wife for a few weeks :wink:

From what I have been reading a lot of people use a spider & pizza stone to cook indirect. Due to the close proximity to the fire.
What kind of results without using one?
Eventually I will get one, but probably wouldn't be able to squeeze another $100.00 out of my wife for a few weeks :wink:

I do high heat indirect cooks all the time on my Vision on the upper grate with meat positioned away from the fire- usually Tri-Tips and such, but anything you want to do indirect for more than about an hour, you will most definitely want to use the spider and stone, otherwise you'll have some really tough, black bark on your meat.

Where the fark is Santa Poco? Is that a derivative for Santa Pacoima? :wink:

It's a small village that has been protected for years from this vicious outlaw, El Guapo by 3 young men they call "The Three Amigos". Lots of pretty women there, so I have found it to be a great place to live, BBQ and hang out with the locals! :wink:

Well, that was sure helpful! :thumb:

:roll:

Of course! willkat98 refers to their stores as the evil empire. Even if I were interested in a ceramic, which I'm not because I'd break the damn thing within a month or so, I'd rather pay more somewhere else. :thumb::thumb:

Also, Call the clubs near you! It may show out of stock online but that may be due to it being discontinued at Sam's. The Sam's I bought from had 3 in stock but showed out of stock online. I paid $249 and had to drive 2.5 hours to get it. My local club has 3 in stock as well but still has them listed at $449 and wont budge.

Off to a less-than-stellar start w/ mine. Assembling the cart now. All 16 bolts, and 3 of the 4 casters, screwed in easily by hand. Naturally, that 4th caster got hung-up halfway in. I unscrewed it and tried again--same result. I removed it and tried to screw in a different caster and it stopped at the same point. Then I tried the original no-go caster in the other hole and it went in fine. Thus, I conclude, I'm trying to screw a bad hole. :shock:

Should I use the included wrench and put some torque on that caster post and maybe get past a bad spot in the thread? Or will doing so fark things up more?

Damn china crap....:tsk:

It's a small village that has been protected for years from this vicious outlaw, El Guapo by 3 young men they call "The Three Amigos". Lots of pretty women there, so I have found it to be a great place to live, BBQ and hang out with the locals! :wink:

LMFAO!!! El Guapo rocks!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Decided to go for it and give it a hard screwing. Definitely needed too much torque than it should have for the last 1/4 inch, but I don't think it stripped. :-o

Decided to go for it and give it a hard screwing. Definitely needed too much torque than it should have for the last 1/4 inch, but I don't think it stripped. :-o

Good news is that it's in. Worst case scenario is that you would've had to have your 1st experience with their awesome CS team. I've had very good experiences so far.

Was just back to my local Sams. All sold out....Glad I got mine when I did.

Say a prayer for the pretenders!!!

Just a little poke. Guess I'll head out to Sam's and look. I just bought #2 and #3 Jumbo Joes and bride said, I thought we were buying that black thing at Sam's for our son)

Last edited:
Got mine a few weeks ago, 499.00 but I'm still happy with it. Need a spider and stone but other than that she runs fine...
Need to learn more, but doing a pork lion Sunday...already did some burgers and steaks...came out just fine...liking it more and more.

Back