Vermouth?

Jeanie if its fish or seafood, buy Noilly Prat instead of vermouth.
Not a substitute but a better outcome.
I use Vermouth if I'm out of Noilly: thumb:
Sorry I'm late here

Sorry I'm late here

I've not heard of that one Bucc, thanks for the info. I will see if I can find some!

Sorry I'm late here

Noilly Prat is vermouth. It's french farking vermouth. Farking Aussie. :tsk:

CD :becky:

Noilly Prat is vermouth. It's french farking vermouth. Farking Aussie. :tsk:

CD :becky:

When I types "Noilly prat you thought I was calling you, eh?:becky:

It is classed as Vermouth but is subtler than the Rossini ones labelled Vermouth, ya poncy pedant farker:becky:
Farkin goombah Americano, why I oughtta...:laugh:

Tell James Bond that -- if you dare. :becky:

CD

James Bond actually ruined the martini. A proper martini should actually be gently stirred or swirled in a shaker. Vigorous shaking leads to ice crystals in the drink which in turn creates a cloudy martini. A proper martini should be perfectly clear.

p.s. I know I'm being an utter snob here. I spent a few years behind a bar, my martinis were quite good. My Manhattans were exceptional, or so I was told.

James Bond actually ruined the martini. A proper martini should actually be gently stirred or swirled in a shaker. Vigorous shaking leads to ice crystals in the drink which in turn creates a cloudy martini. A proper martini should be perfectly clear.

p.s. I know I'm being an utter snob here. I spent a few years behind a bar, my martinis were quite good. My Manhattans were exceptional, or so I was told.

Nobody here thinks you are being utterly snobby.
Delusional?
Yes.
James Bond is a fictional character.

Off topic a bit, but do any of you ever use Marsala wine for cooking?

I have and didn't care for it much either. Maybe it was just the recipe.

I think I want to come to your house instead of making my own. lol :thumb:

I like to make rib tips and saurkraut with the brisket portion of the rack. I just layer up the crock pot with raw cabbage, smoked rib tips, saurkraut, and sliced apples then add a little (1/4-1/2 cup) of sweet vermouth. Makes for a yummy meal with boiled or mashed taters.

I like to make rib tips and saurkraut with the brisket portion of the rack. I just layer up the crock pot with raw cabbage, smoked rib tips, saurkraut, and sliced apples then add a little (1/4-1/2 cup) of sweet vermouth. Makes for a yummy meal with boiled or mashed taters.

That sounds excellent Neil, thanks!!

Perfect Manhattan
2 oz. good bourbon or rye
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
3-4 shakes of Angustora bitters

Stir with ice until very cold. Strain into a martini glass with a cherry garnish

I got into a few of these last night. Tremendous cocktail.

Perfect Manhattan
2 oz. good bourbon or rye
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
3-4 shakes of Angustora bitters

Stir with ice until very cold. Strain into a martini glass with a cherry garnish

I got into a few of these last night. Tremendous cocktail.

Thank you Grain Belt! I've not heard of Angustora bitters. I'm new to this. :oops: I will see if I can find it here.

Never had a gin and tonic?!?

Bitters are like vermouth. A little dab'll do ya. Just a few drops is all you need.

lol I have had a gin and tonic and I liked them. I thought it was just gin and tonic! lol

Back