THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeanie if its fish or seafood, buy Noilly Prat instead of vermouth.
Not a substitute but a better outcome.
I use Vermouth if I'm out of Noilly: thumb:
Sorry I'm late here

Sorry I'm late here

I've not heard of that one Bucc, thanks for the info. I will see if I can find some!

Sorry I'm late here

Noilly Prat is vermouth. It's french farking vermouth. Farking Aussie. :tsk:

CD :becky:

Noilly Prat is vermouth. It's french farking vermouth. Farking Aussie. :tsk:

CD :becky:

When I types "Noilly prat you thought I was calling you, eh?:becky:

It is classed as Vermouth but is subtler than the Rossini ones labelled Vermouth, ya poncy pedant farker:becky:
Farkin goombah Americano, why I oughtta...:laugh:

Tell James Bond that -- if you dare. :becky:

CD

James Bond actually ruined the martini. A proper martini should actually be gently stirred or swirled in a shaker. Vigorous shaking leads to ice crystals in the drink which in turn creates a cloudy martini. A proper martini should be perfectly clear.

p.s. I know I'm being an utter snob here. I spent a few years behind a bar, my martinis were quite good. My Manhattans were exceptional, or so I was told.

James Bond actually ruined the martini. A proper martini should actually be gently stirred or swirled in a shaker. Vigorous shaking leads to ice crystals in the drink which in turn creates a cloudy martini. A proper martini should be perfectly clear.

p.s. I know I'm being an utter snob here. I spent a few years behind a bar, my martinis were quite good. My Manhattans were exceptional, or so I was told.

Nobody here thinks you are being utterly snobby.
Delusional?
Yes.
James Bond is a fictional character.

Off topic a bit, but do any of you ever use Marsala wine for cooking?

I have and didn't care for it much either. Maybe it was just the recipe.

I think I want to come to your house instead of making my own. lol :thumb:

I like to make rib tips and saurkraut with the brisket portion of the rack. I just layer up the crock pot with raw cabbage, smoked rib tips, saurkraut, and sliced apples then add a little (1/4-1/2 cup) of sweet vermouth. Makes for a yummy meal with boiled or mashed taters.

I like to make rib tips and saurkraut with the brisket portion of the rack. I just layer up the crock pot with raw cabbage, smoked rib tips, saurkraut, and sliced apples then add a little (1/4-1/2 cup) of sweet vermouth. Makes for a yummy meal with boiled or mashed taters.

That sounds excellent Neil, thanks!!

Perfect Manhattan
2 oz. good bourbon or rye
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
3-4 shakes of Angustora bitters

Stir with ice until very cold. Strain into a martini glass with a cherry garnish

I got into a few of these last night. Tremendous cocktail.

Perfect Manhattan
2 oz. good bourbon or rye
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
3-4 shakes of Angustora bitters

Stir with ice until very cold. Strain into a martini glass with a cherry garnish

I got into a few of these last night. Tremendous cocktail.

Thank you Grain Belt! I've not heard of Angustora bitters. I'm new to this. :oops: I will see if I can find it here.

Never had a gin and tonic?!?

Bitters are like vermouth. A little dab'll do ya. Just a few drops is all you need.

lol I have had a gin and tonic and I liked them. I thought it was just gin and tonic! lol

Back