Vacation cooker fail

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
Good to speak with all my brethren again! I think I have only been on once or twice all summer. That will change, the school year is starting back up and I got a new laptop from my new school so getting ready to go.

Went on the big family summer vacation last week (my family, and all the inlaws) rented a house at one of the campgrounds at the Beach (first time going to a campground and had a blast!). We had planned multiple cooks during the week at the house. When we get to the house I check the cooker out looks like an Austin XL PitBoss, but it was a pro series. Monday night, My FIL and I go to fire up the grill after having to give it a thorough cleaning and FAILURE! The cooker's auger was continuously pouring pellets into the firepot and wouldn't stop. At the beginning it would almost smother any type of fire, but when it got rolling, oh boy! The cooker would go from 115*-350* in a matter of about 45 seconds and would continue to rise if we didn't shut the cooker off. After much research and trouble shooting I found out this is a main problem that some Pit Boss' have. After eliminating several problems, we are pretty sure it's something faulty in the controller. However, it killed our plans of being able to grill at the beach on vacation.

I know any time you mess with electronics it is possible to have problems, but this experience made me love my RecTeq that much more.

Don't you hate it when things don't go as planned through no fault of your own! I hope you were able to salvage some enjoyment from your vacation in spite of the technical difficulties.

Definitely a great time Ron. Just got good food that somebody else cooked. Hope all is well brother.

Would have been hard for me to resist dumping a bag of match lite in the cook chamber and getting on with the vittles (but that deposit would have been screwwwwwed)

Now that would have been hilarious! Would've eaten good food still and the in-laws paid the security deposit so that would have been their problem haha.

You mean to tell me that you did not have your Back Up, Emergency, Auxiliary, Just In Case, Weber GA or Smokey Joe with you? :tsk: And here I thought you had learned weedhopper.

You know I'm kidding but not a bad idea when your going into uncertain cooker territory. :thumb:

Glad your back.

Back