UDS and WSM

Just my 2 cents... Obviously they are very comparable because of the reasons discussed BUT, the UDS is much cheaper to make and much more versatile. You can use a water pan and cook WSM style or go strait over the coals. I suppose the same is true with WSM (never owned one) but with UDS you get the added bonus of cooking on a smoker that you made.

I'd love one of those. Jbounds has been trying to talk me into getting a Shirley (he loves his SF for sure....lol) but that's way more smoker than I need and way more than I want to spend. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm gonna be buying and selling pits until I really find "THE" smoker.....if that ever really happens :loco: I will always have my kettle. I may ditch the Akorn but we'll see. Now I'm looking for a barrel type smoker (wsm, pit barrel, uds possibly). We'll see where it goes from there but I have a feeling I'll end with having owned all of them at one point........ :becky:

im tellin u man....that vertical one is around $1500!(last time i checked) go for it! small footprint and tons of room if u need it...when u dont..no problem! i bet that one heats up even faster than my vertical since it is missing the horizontal...less wood too!

Those Hunsaker cans look cool! Wonder how hard that would be to build. I need to look into what makes them different. They are way outta my price range for an original.

I wish I could have one of everything. ....lol. I think the wife would raise the BS flag on me though. :becky:

Very easy to build! You can go to my FB link and check out the build in the Albums page along with my cooks. That can is TIGHT!

I'm seriously considering converting my BPS can with a new lid and Hunsaker parts. I'm already using the Vortex firebasket in it.

Back