THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dang, I haven't been to McD's in a long time....and knowing that if I do get a Big Mac, it's not going to be anything close to what you've made.
Outstanding burger Neighbor, well done!!

what brand pickle did you use? I am guessing you sliced it yourself because for some reason one can not buy thin straight sliced pickles in my area. Only those crappy thick wavy cut pickles.

Haven't eaten at a McD's since probably the late 90's or any other fast-food restaurant for that matter.

That Burger looks like $$$$. :thumb:

It's 7:00am and now I'm craving a Hop Slam. :shocked:

Thanks Sako, thanks a lot!!!

I don't have a Hop Slam but I wonder if a DFH 90 Minute would suffice :roll:

Thank Kevin! I gave up fast food and soda in my late 20's and haven't looked back.

DFH 90 will do just fine. :thumb:

Lovin the Hop Slam!:thumb::thumb::clap::clap:That beer disappears up here by the 1st of February! A few more Hop Slams and you'll be sleeping :biggrin::lol::lol:

Thanks Neil!

I had a hell of a time finding Hopslam but brother Chris (MisterChrister) sent me a few. :thumb: Then I got lucky finding some unexpectedly and bought everything they had. :becky:

I did sleep well considering I had some Founders limited releases, the Hopslam and a few whiskey shots. :-D

How you could mention In N Out and McDonald's in the same thread? Shameful..... :p

BUT...your burger looked super and I know was better than the real thing. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks John! I must admit, the only reason I frequent In N Out here and there is because they're open late or convenience (lunch etc.) I prefer Habit over them. Better burgers IMO.

Only stop at McD's during runs to TN (pit stop and coffee refills with an occassional side of fries).

Great lookin' Big Sako there!

You could shorten it to Big Sak but people would likely take it the wrong way! :tape:

Awesome looking burger! :clap2:

The Big Sako or Sak. Lol, that's funny guys. Thanks! :thumb:

So, Sauce Recipe? even tho its secret

That looks awfully good. Ketchup, (siracha?), mayo and relish??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I second this. Lets hear it please
BTW burger looks awesome............Thats why I want the special sauce recipie.

Surprisingly no ketchup at all or sriracha.

I made enough for about 3-4 burgers and here's what I put in mine and it was pretty spot on:

3/4 Cup Mayo

1.5 Tsp Sweet Pickle Relish

1/2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard

1 1/4 Tsp White Wine Vinegar

1/2 Tsp Granulated Garlic

1/2 Tsp Granulated Onion

1/2 Tsp Paprika

1.5 Tsp white sugar

1/2 Tsp prepared horseradish (Call me crazy but I tasted a horseradish flavor sting on the tongue in the McD's sauce)

1/4 Tsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice

Whisk it all together and chill for at least an hour or two in order to bind flavors. That's it!

what brand pickle did you use? I am guessing you sliced it yourself because for some reason one can not buy thin straight sliced pickles in my area. Only those crappy thick wavy cut pickles.

AUQIwabm.jpg

Nicely played, Sako! Making our own versions of the fast food originals is not only fun, but they taste even better!

So what's next on your list? :wink:

Nicely played, Sako! Making our own versions of the fast food originals is not only fun, but they taste even better!

So what's next on your list? :wink:

Thanks Richard!

Def the Whopper. Probably haven't had it since high school. Time to hit up BK but I do vaguely remembers the flavors.

On a side note, I have to try Shake Shack now that we have on close.

:nod:

1200px-Burger_King_Whopper_Combo.jpg

Thanks Richard!

Def the Whopper. Probably haven't had it since high school. Time to hit up BK but I do vaguely remembers the flavors.

On a side note, I have to try Shake Shack now that we have on close.

:nod:

1200px-Burger_King_Whopper_Combo.jpg

Jeez...I haven't been to BK in like 15 years! I did post a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger here last year, but only took a couple of photos. I should do one up right soon.

Have you ever been to Tito's Tacos in Culver City? This was pretty much my take, including the salsa:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119276

Back