T'was the dinner before Christmas (mucho pron)

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had some sandwich ham that was use or loose time and decided to whip up some pasta and make Carbonara. Usual meat is bacon or Guanciale.
First mixed up the pasta.

Knead until smooth and elastic.

Wrap in wrap de Saran for an hour to let it hydrate.

Quarter the pasta dough, start working it through the roller, fold and reroll each piece twice, each setting 7 through 4.

Keep dusted with flour so nothing sticks.

Cut into noodle length pieces.

Run through the Angel Hair cutter.

Pasta ready!!!
Not much mess to speak of.

Ingredients prepped.

2 whole eggs, 2 yokes, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese mixed for sauce.
For all you wanna be Italian cooks, there is NEVER heavy cream used in Carbonara and many others!

Cooking vessels up to speed, (yes that's bacon grease), water salted to taste like the sea (don't know which one tho).

Pasta swimming, fresh Angel Hair pasta only takes a few minutes. (pass El Dente for us).

Thinly sliced ham and green onions and garlic.

Drain pasta, throw in quarter stick butter, and Parm egg mixture and stir, (this part looks and smalls Fantastico!)

Put the meat mixture in with the sauced pasta stir to mix and plate (or bowl).

Top with thinly sliced green onion tops and we eat.

Merry Christmas to all my Brethren friends.
Ed

Good! Very frickin' good!
SD.

Pfffffffft!

This is the one time of year Ed comes out of his proverbial shell.... that's more letters and such than I've seen you type in a whole bloody year!

Love it, man! You and the boss crushed it.

Merry Christmas, brother.

If that’s not much of a mess I’d hate to see what is!:p The food looks delicious.

That looks and sounds really good! Thank you for the Italian cooking lesson. I ordered carbanara at a restaurant years ago and it was good. Taking the time to make my own pasta , could make me into more of a fan of pasta in general. Especially if it tastes as good as that dish looks!

I really appreciate it when someone is so involved and committed to a dish that they make everything from scratch, and the final result shows it and makes me want some. Fantastic job, Ed. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Back