Boston Pizza's Pierogi Pizza Knockoff

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
We really like Boston Pizza's Pierogi pizza. So much so that we recreated it at home. It tasted so close that this may be our new go to pizza.

To start with I made focaccia instead of pizza dough as it seems to be the easiest dough for any pizza we have made on it.

Then I sliced the potato thinly and microwaved them to cook them through. Assembly was sour cream, potatoes, cayenne pepper, chopped bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, jalapenos, pepperoncini, green onions and more sour cream.

Focaccia-Pierogy-Pizza-2.jpg

Focaccia-Pierogy-Pizza-3.jpg

Focaccia-Pierogy-Pizza-4.jpg

Focaccia-Pierogy-Pizza-1.jpg

We didn't have any parm to sprinkle on top and that would have just put it over the top.

Pierogies on a pizza. That’s a sin people complain about pineapple and ham on a pizza as being wrong, but pierogies without the bacon and sauerkraut cooked in a crockpot. What a sin. You took an Italian delicacy and make Polish pie. This is why you don’t see pierogi Parmesan or pierogi fra diavlo.

That is an absolutely intriguing combination and one that I feel would definitely work for me! Nicely done!

That's one of the most different and creative takes on pizza I've seen in a long time, and looks and sounds like you nailed it!

As an aside, duplicating food items from a restaurant has been a hobby of mine for years - when it turns out well, it's a victory, when it doesn't, it can be frustrating. There are a handful of items I've attempted over the years I still can't seem to get right, even after numerous attempts. It's all about the journey...

Back