THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danado

Knows what a fatty is.
Cooked my first 14 pound turkey on PBC yesterday. I brined my turkey using a brine that Patio Daddy posted on the internet Friday night. Saturday morning, I pulled the turkey out of brine and put olive oil on it. I then put dry rub on it and started the PBC. I followed Noah's video placing the hooks on the turkey but used his alternate method for putting the the turkey and rebar on the PBC.

The turkey cooked for 3 hours and 45 minutes and came out great! I'm still getting used to the PBC (I love it). I still have to crack my lid to keep the temperatures from dropping during a longer cook. This was a trial run for Thanksgiving and the turkey tasted awesome!

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 103
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
Nice. I need to practice a turkey prior to trying to impress the family next month.

I love Patio Daddio's brine!!!!

When I first used it years ago, I was skeptical, but it adds so much flavor to the bird.

I use it on both Turkey and Chicken, Smoked as well as oven roasted.

Thingfish, the moisture was excellent. I was a little worried the dark meat was around 185 when the breast hit 165. I thought I overcooked it but it tasted great. IamMadMan, i will have to try it on the oven roasted bird or PBC Chicken!

Back