THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Any tips on doing a turkey breast tonight on a Weber kettle? I have had it marinading in Mango- chipotle italian salad dressing. What wood, and indirect vs. direct heat, safe temp to pull?

I would cook indirect at 350 deg until the meat temp id 160 deg. It will rise 5 degrees after you pull it off the grill.
A 10 lb spatchedcocked turkey today took 2 hours cooked this way.

Alder sounds like it would be a fine choice if all the websites I see selling it in your area are right. Of course I think we tend to use wood that's local and tend to "decide" it's the best choice. I paid $70 for a rick of pecan split and seasoned but it's local to this area so it's purty cheap. The alder for sale on the first place I read about was about a $1.50 a pound, that might be for rich folks who like to experiment with exotic wood choices, I'm sure you living in Washington state where it's from you can do a lot better. I vote you give it a try and let us know how it turned out.

Mike

thanks Mike. I did Pecan and Alder and it smells delishous. Mostly around here in Washington state I have access to Alder, Cherry, Apple, and Oak. Anything else I have to buy.

Back