Turkey and Cajun andouille sausage jambalaya with a bodacious side of Pr0n...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
After grilling up a couple turkeys this Saturday

(https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301795)

we ended up with quite a bit of meat that was initially vacu-sucked and frozen for future use. My wife grew up eating tons of Cajun cuisine and turned me unto it early in our marriage. After a little debate yesterday morning on what to have for dinner, we decided on jambalaya using the bird's dark meat and andouille sausage.

Two pounds of bird after a quick thaw:

H6qwQ2K.jpg

2bLcC2O.jpg

One pound of Cajun andouille:

QyoNNAv.jpg

NDMOeom.jpg

Trinity (one green pepper, one onion, four stalks celery):

w5eTypt.jpg

YtKrvAb.jpg

Plates-o-goodness:

CVfAm1s.jpg

Half stick of butter:

LGb8KGk.jpg

Two cups rice toasted in butter for 10 minutes:

5Zsex3T.jpg

Add the trinity and cook for another 5 minutes:

afV86Np.jpg

Add the protein and cook for another couple minutes:

NmOT5KX.jpg

Flood with chicken stock, bring to slow boil, reduce heat, cover and then try to be patient:

tzvRO1K.jpg

Wondering if it would ever be done (thanks PJ):

e621d83829cbca0f163d20ddadb546cd.gif

After what seemed like an eternity it's finally ready to serve:

cDUrAu1.jpg

5iu1hMK.jpg

My bride said it was delicious and was well worth the effort (which was easy for her to say since I put in the work).

If you made it this far, thanks for checking in and I hope you and yours have a kick a$$ Thanksgiving... :mrgreen:

Amazing cook, Scott! :thumb:

I spent a year in Lafayette, LA as a teenager. I fell in love with all of the great Cajun food.

Where are ya getting this Cajun sausage? I've tried the Super One house made and I'm doubting they know what they are doing.

My wife picked it up at Yokes, but sounds like it's also available at Winco, Fred Meyer, etc... I can't speak to how "authentic" it is compared to what you'd find down south, but I have no doubt the brethren from the area would be more than happy to weigh in.

aidells-smoked-sausage-cajun-style-andouille-woodbackground-800x600_0.webp

Nice! That's the same way I make it but I usually use chicken and Zatarain's Jambalaya rice mix.

Good way to use your turkey, I think I'll do the same. Thanks!

Back