Tri Tips at RD?

akoda

is one Smokin' Farker
Has anyone here bought Tri Tips at the Restaurant Depot? Do they have different grades? How many in a pack? Prices good?

I did my firt Tri Tip this past weekend and bought it from a local shop, that sells locally sourced beef. Paid 14/pound, it was delicious but I need to find some cheaper and maybe age it myself.

Thanks

That is expensive. I pay 7.88 a pound right now and that's expensive around here. I'm used to getting them at 4.99/pound but prices shot up this year.

I have never seen tri tips at the RD's I shop at.

You could cut them from a whole sirloin but I have never seen them cut and packaged as tri tips

may be different in other parts of the country.

I get them at Trader Joe's for about $6.99 LB, and they are excellent

It's been a while since I looked at our RD, but they were 4 or 5 to a cryovac package and they were labeled "Beef Triangles"

It's been a while since I looked at our RD, but they were 4 or 5 to a cryovac package and they were labeled "Beef Triangles"

Same at our RD except they were labeled as Tri-Tips. I'm in Southern California and people eat Tri-Tip constantly.

Unfortunately they do not have them at the RD here in St. Louis. I was rather disappointed to find that out.

Back