Tri Tip Steaks

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Yet another freezer dive yielded a package of Tri tip Steaks. I know what's for dinner this evening - Beef!

Nice marbling -

fpNlhkW.jpg

A splash of Worcestershire and Oakridge Carne Crosta, they're ready for the grill -

hgQsWVW.jpg

lFI9fTm.jpg

The Goldens' is set up with the separator plate for indirect and direct zones -

aWyi4Va.jpg

On they go til they reach a temp around 120F with a few flips 'cause I like grill marks -

JbsopPJ.jpg

And over to the hot side of the grill for what should have been a reverse sear. Problem is, there's not that much fat in these so no shooting flames -

LRsjU2P.jpg

(Closeup pics make me realize the grates need a good cleaning. :redface: )

Sliced and resting -

uMRkZCc.jpg

Dinner is served with Roasted Cauliflower w/ Balsamic and Corn on the Cob -

3NXbB9r.jpg

oiH0ErS.jpg

JpUH9iG.jpg

This was most definitely an excellent Tri tip Steak! Medium rare, tender and juicy.

Thanks for checking in on an easy to prepare weeknight dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Last edited:
That marbling.....wow!!! The tri-tip steak looks good! My wife picked up a couple cheaper steaks last night. I hit them with some beef rub this evening and tossed them on the grill. Unfortunately mine went on a Cesar salad. I'm right there with you on an easy weeknight meal.

All looks delicious. Never saw a tri tip with marbling like that. Wagyu?

Nope, definitely not Wagyu. I'm pretty certain it was Certified Angus Beef. I can't always get Tri tip at my local supermarket (Market Basket), when they do carry it they cut them into steaks. I'm sure the marbling is what prompted me to toss this in my cart. :thumb:

Nope, definitely not Wagyu. I'm pretty certain it was Certified Angus Beef. I can't always get Tri tip at my local supermarket (Market Basket), when they do carry it they cut them into steaks. I'm sure the marbling is what prompted me to toss this in my cart. :thumb:
Looks awesome. Tri tip is hard to find around here. Last couple I got were whole bison cuts from a specialty meat store. Good, but almost no marble.

That was the first thing that came to mind, wagyu! Either way, great marbling and excellent looking meal!

I really need to stop looking t threads like this when I am hungry....looks absolutely amazing

Loved those little Tri-Tip steaks when I used to buy them in SoCal - yours look great, Dom!

Back