Tri Tip and Produce Stand Dinner

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
On the way home from our baseball tournament today the wife spotted a roadside produce stand and we pulled over. Fresh beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and an eggplant...plus a variety of fruits my 11 yr old picked out.

I had a Sams Club pre marinated tri tip I've been meaning to cook. I think Evil-G just did one of these recently. I was skeptical but it was only $5.95/lb which is significantly less than I regularly see it so had to try.

Wife roasted the beets and sweet potatoes in the oven. I sliced the eggplant for the grill and she made a quick tomato and mozzarella salad.

Here we go with the pron.

tzYPvh8l.jpg

Surprised at the big fat cap on top. I trimmed of at least 8-10 oz of fat. This is after the trim.

RtmUxGSl.jpg

Then on the Weber indirect with a chunk of cherry.

qELiG3wl.jpg

After it hit about 90 I threw on the eggplant. Just sprayed with EVOO and dusted with garlic.

loAUA1Il.jpg

Took it to 115 and then got the lump hot and gave it a good sear.

JsYiTJol.jpg

pZ1K18Hl.jpg

Then pulled it at about 135. Would have left it another few degrees but it started to rain.

JABUmY9l.jpg

Then a short rest and sliced.

q1bzndol.jpg

And plated with the produce stand variety.

R54MTb0l.jpg

Pretty dang good!

Me likely. Love tri-tip. I have a Santa Maria, cookie it all the time. It's good smoked too, but it's a bottom sirloin best on the grill I think. Can't get any better with fresh local veggies...

Back