Tomorrow Night = My Largest Cook Ever

The party was a great success. The pulled pork was one of the stars of the show. Received many compliments. Three of the 4 butts were eaten. The 4th was pulled for leftovers tomorrow after church. I should have taken a photo of the pan the mac n cheese was in. It was almost all gone. Funny though, one person told me it was the best mac n cheese he had ever had. Another person said he wasn't a fan.

Here's a pic of the first two butts shredded, before anyone ate any

Last edited:
That's my oldest daughter, the graduate. She drove by herself for the first time today. She works very hard at everything she does. I wish I were half as accomplished as she is.

Thanks everyone. I have to do a cook this size again in 3 weeks. A good friend has her son and his new wife coming home on leave from the Marine Corps. She asked me to "smoke something." We talked about different meats, trying to figure out what would be easy. I told her pulled pork isn't easy (not for me anyway), but it's pretty popular. That's what we finally decided on. She has already bought the meat, so it's gonna happen. I guess it's time to christen the new Humphrey's.

If I hadn't found this group of fine pit masters, there's no way I would ever be capable of putting out good food from a smoker.

It's a bit strange to see this young man at the stage of life he's at. We've known his mom since he was very young. Became good friends with her about 10 years ago, but were acquaintances long before then. Now, he's in the corps and married. I said "strange" because time just passes so quickly, and more so as I get older. It just seems like he should still be a young kid.

When he first got to basic and called her the first time, he told her it was "awful" and was the worst decision he'd ever made. Now, he loves it. He met his wife here at home, working at McDonald's. After he enlisted and left, she did the same. They married as soon as she finished basic. She's a tiny little thing, and she wants to be in combat.

Last edited:
Back