THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charlieg

Found some matches.
Just got a brand new no liner RED 55 gallon drum. The company produced the wrong color. Anyway, The color is perfect. My question is Can I get away without painting this drum or will the it start peeling if I dont paint it. I have always sanded my drums and painted them different colors but since this drum is perfect already I dont want to screw it up. Help

You can absolutely leave the factory paint on your new drum. It will hold up just as good, or better, than a rattlecan paint job. :thumb:

leave it- may not survive a "left the lid off- oh hell fire is licking the eaves" scenario... if that happens I see a rattle can spray job in your future.

leave it- may not survive a "left the lid off- oh hell fire is licking the eaves" scenario... if that happens I see a rattle can spray job in your future.

I hear you. I had a beautifully painted Chicago Bears UDS that got caught like that :mad2: ... it still cooks great cue!

I hear you. I had a beautifully painted Chicago Bears UDS that got caught like that ... it still cooks great cue!

I have a Packers one that looks great.

Back