THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kotaman77571

Got Wood.
I finally got a trailer to go with my 6' x 36" pipe to build a trailer bbq pit. I am looking for suggestions on design and set up now as I can't picture it yet. I do want to make at least double pull out racks in the smoker. I am interested in making the firebox insulated. I have a double kitchen sink I'd like to add on it and maybe a second smaller pit for hotter temps when cooking chicken and a direct heart small pit. My dad is a welder and I'm a decent quality welder as well. I have access to cutting torch, mig welding machine and other misc shop tools. The trailer I got was for carrying a tractor and brush-hog but the "axles" are not the traditional with springs so my other question/concern is will I need to convert this to tandem spring axles or leave as is? The weight should not be a problem but wondering if bouncing will be. I also want to add tubing to create a frame and make a cover over the top. I am open to ideas of a walk on or a walk up to style trailer. I will add pics of the trailer when the site allows me to. Trailer dimensions are 86" wide (fender to fender) and 210" long from tongue to end. The inside/usable length is 154" and 65 1/2" wide. The fenders are just over 6' in length for a reference when pics are allowed.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
James

The first thing I would do is take a look at the bearings and re-pack them. That trailer looks like it has had some pretty heavy use. I'll post a picture or two of my rig when I get to a real computer just for reference but keep in ming a 36" smoker with a properly sized firebox with be heavy, try to keep they weight on center line.

Back