THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

azkeith

So we moved into a new house in December and I'm starting to think about the backyard and what might work for an outdoor kitchen. I was thinking about buying another TEC infrared grill and using my Mgrills M1 and MAK smokers for the smoking duties. I started thinking about it, and while the TEC will get hotter than anything, maybe I stick with my Mgrills M1 as grill and smoker and just build in a side burner and a small flat top.

Curious what you guys may have done for your outdoor cooking area.

Everyone has their own needs in terms of what they cook convenience etc. I think the M1 will cover you, probably more a question of if you always want to have to fire it up for a quick weeknight cook. I don't use the gasser as much anymore but that's mostly due to a shift in what we have been cooking. It's still nice even when I could fire up the kettle if it's raining (not a covered area in the winter)

On the burners & flat top, for whatever reason I almost never use my side burner. The few times I do need an outdoor burner I usually need more power and setup a camp chef dual burner setup. I do enjoy having a griddle though I don't use it as often as I should.

The M1 and Mak are pretty awesome starting points for whatever you decide though!

Back