Thoughts on New Outdoor Kitchen

azkeith

So we moved into a new house in December and I'm starting to think about the backyard and what might work for an outdoor kitchen. I was thinking about buying another TEC infrared grill and using my Mgrills M1 and MAK smokers for the smoking duties. I started thinking about it, and while the TEC will get hotter than anything, maybe I stick with my Mgrills M1 as grill and smoker and just build in a side burner and a small flat top.

Curious what you guys may have done for your outdoor cooking area.

Everyone has their own needs in terms of what they cook convenience etc. I think the M1 will cover you, probably more a question of if you always want to have to fire it up for a quick weeknight cook. I don't use the gasser as much anymore but that's mostly due to a shift in what we have been cooking. It's still nice even when I could fire up the kettle if it's raining (not a covered area in the winter)

On the burners & flat top, for whatever reason I almost never use my side burner. The few times I do need an outdoor burner I usually need more power and setup a camp chef dual burner setup. I do enjoy having a griddle though I don't use it as often as I should.

The M1 and Mak are pretty awesome starting points for whatever you decide though!

Back