Thoughts on a Stainless Pellet Smoker

Bose789

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
John Smith
I have been going back and forth between a Pitts and Spits all stainless Pellet smoker and a Lone Star Grillz Pellet Smoker. I live in the Southeast, and we have had one of the wettest summers I can remember. Humidity has been as high as I can remember as well. The smoker will stay in the garage when not in use, and anyone who deals with humidity knows, the garage is like a green house. Question is, I think I would prefer the Lone Star and its Fireboard controller, but does it make more sense to go with the all stainless PS? It will be used strictly for smoking, and price doesn't concern me either. Thoughts?

My pellet is SS, total PIA to keep it clean and looking good if that is a concerne to you. I do and it is but I clean it throughly every cook.

EFPQeaNh.jpg

:-D:-D:-D

Strictly for smoking and cost not a concern, then take a look at a Cookshack FEC100, I hear the IQ5 controller rocks. But still no wifi, if that's something you're looking for.

I love mine, with the older IQ4 controller.

Stainless Steel will rust too. I live on a brackish Bayou off the Manatee River and dealt with that constantly when I had a Boat out back. If you aren’t keeping it outside, I would go with the model you prefer. Wire wheels, sandpaper, and High Heat paint are pretty cheap in the scope of things.

I have found 304 SS to be pretty darn rugged! Living in TN, things can get pretty damp. Not a speck of rust anywhere. Yes, you have to keep up with exterior cleaning if that’s important to you. With the right cleaners, and when the grill is still warm, the crud on the exterior wipes off with almost no effort. Doesn’t bother me one bit [emoji2371]

I disliked the required cleaning when I owned a SS (mostly) cooker. Total PIA.

I personally like SS grills. I live in humid, hot MO and all of my steel cookers are rusting even though they are under cover.

I’ve had several ss grills and too big a pita to keep clean for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back