THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GVDub

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
George
Been a couple of weeks since I’ve fired up the PBC, since life was getting in the way (in a good way, though — got to do a show with a national touring artist, although it did mean learning and charting out 22 tunes in a little over a week because we were only going to have an hour of rehearsal with her for a three hour show). So this weekend, it’s back to bidness.

Picked up 30% off 80% lean ground beef and a 3.5# pork butt roast. Broke out the old Universal Model 333 meat grinder and cubed, then ground the pork, mixed it with the beef, a generous amount of Cajun seasoning, formed 3 meat loaves and stuck ‘em in the PBC with a couple of hickory chunks added to the KBB for flavor. When they hit 165° I’ll pull and put on this weeks armadillo breakfast eggs.

Trying something a littl different with th armadillo eggs this week. a 50/50 blend of bulk hot Italian sausage and pork chorizo, wrapping sweet bell pepper and sharp cheddar, with a SPOG coating. It’ll be interesting to see how they turn out. There will be pics below, as the cook progresses. Probably. Unless I get lazy, ‘cause I’ve been on the go for the past two weeks.

Heck yeah! I am watching it all. The armadillo eggs might get copied, as my family likes low, low heat. :pop2:

GV, are you playing in a band or theatre group or??
No matter what - cook on and pics are mandatorily optionial.

[yeah, right]

GV, are you playing in a band or theatre group or??
No matter what - cook on and pics are mandatorily optionial.

[yeah, right]

3.5 different bands at the moment, occasional recording sessions, plus whatever pick-up gigs come over the horizon.

Got photos, just waiting until I'm done before posting them here.

Yessir - meatloaf sammich coming up! :hungry:

Nicely done all around! :clap2:

the "hour of rehearsal for a 3 hour show" just struck me - the math is not favorable! :shocked: I'm guessing it will go or has already gone fine - you get asked for gigs like that 'cause they know you can do it.

Yessir - meatloaf sammich coming up! :hungry:

Nicely done all around! :clap2:

the "hour of rehearsal for a 3 hour show" just struck me - the math is not favorable! :shocked: I'm guessing it will go or has already gone fine - you get asked for gigs like that 'cause they know you can do it.

You go over beginnings and endings, because if everyone starts together and ends together, that's 90% of the struggle. Gig went well, but it was up against World Series game 5, so turnout was spotty. Not Helped by the venue doing minimal promotion. Great singer, though. If you like Bonnie Raitt's stuff, worth checking out — Gina Sicilia. Dave Darling produced her latest.

Back