This just in...

They look pretty strong and the price point aint too bad. That 70 qt is about 100 cheaper than the other ones.

They look pretty strong and the price point aint too bad. That 70 qt is about 100 cheaper than the other ones.

They’re fantastic coolers, we have 2 and prolly adding a 3rd this weekend with the sale.

Not to mention the fact they’re made here, unlike the “other ones...”

I've got a couple of the Pelicans and can confirm they are really nice and work well. With all the insulation, they do take up a lot of space for the capacity they have.

I also have a couple of 'rotomold' coolers that are similar and cheaper with one being an Igloo branded unit and the other a "Sam's Club" in house model. Both are very similar to Pelican though, the Sam's model has the rubber pulls versus hard latches which is a personal preference as both work well in the real world.

Not to mention the fact they’re made here, unlike the “other ones...”

Most of the rotomold coolers are made domestically. I'm sure some are done somewhere else but, there is a plant in Texas that makes several 'house brands'. I can't speak for every high-end cooler but, the ones I looked at were all made in the USA.

Non-rotomolds are a real grab bag of domestic and foreign manufacturer.

I have two Pelican coolers, a 45 qrt and a 20. They are okay but I have never had one keep ice as long as advertised even when I pre-cool and do everything they say to do.

I have two Rtic coolers and they seem to hold ice a little better and are a lot cheaper, especially on sale.

My Pelican's do everything I ask of them. Whether they match the ads is not important to me because my environment does not match the sterile test conditions. Do they work in 100+ heat in Texas and in Oklahoma to meet my needs? :thumb: You bet!

I've got a big ole pelican cooler. I tried to use it once. Filled with drinks and some ice. Attempted to carry it to the boat and put it back down. Transferred everything to a good ole fashioned igloo and hit the lake.

What I do love the pelican for is long hold overs. I've kept a brisket over 140 for 8hrs inside the pelican. Turned out fantastic.

Back