The Wait is Over...Tuscaloosa bound(Long Post)

Hijack continued...
I haven't had a radar detector since the 90's. I didn't realize they were still commonly used. I use the Waze app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Much respect for your service and for the craftsmen who made this extraordinary pit.

Absolutely drooling here...........

I use Waze too. Uniden just released a radar detector that has changed the game. The uniden R3. Top of the line, $400.

I guess iv'e been out of the loop for a bit. I didn't know you could get a griddle with your Shirley now. That's awesome!

Mighty fine rig there and Congratulations! I really like the trailer profile on this one. Just right for a 1/2 ton pick up IMHO.

Nice cooker and welcome to the Family. I like the new backsplash on the stainless steel shelf.

Thanks everybody. I got lucky and somebody else thought of that backsplash right before my build.

I overlooked the difficulty in finding a solid wood source here, been a pain thus far. I will be doing my own legwork this summer to set future me up with reliable seasoned wood

Thanks everybody. I got lucky and somebody else thought of that backsplash right before my build.

I overlooked the difficulty in finding a solid wood source here, been a pain thus far. I will be doing my own legwork this summer to set future me up with reliable seasoned wood

Just drive up to your neighboring state to get some of that peach wood.

Reeltime- I'm not going to lie, I have no idea the exact specs of the griddle. I can tell you it is steel, and it is actually pretty dang heavy. Initially I did a very poor job of seasoning the griddle and after a few days it developed some rust spots from the humidity of Florida. I stripped it back down and did a real seasoning and it has an impenetrable layer of patina now, a few cooks later and I am positive that the Florida humidity or even a rainstorm couldn't reach the metal.

Beautiful smoker congrats how thick is the griddle and what material is it made of thanks

The griddle is 3/8 thick... my opinion is the 3/8" is better for a griddle v/s 1/4"
It ismade of carbon steel that has been white metal
Sandblasted... I prefer the carbon over stainless... plus I seriously doubt anyone would want to pay the xtra for stainless... which would be at least 5 times higher in price

Nice Pit!

Congrats on your new pit. Could I trouble you to check your Private Messages.
Thanks

Back