The Stoker now has WiFi AKA "The Black Box"

I don't understand all the hubbub is all about. All you have to do is add a wireless router and you have the same capability. For a lot less money I may add.

Well for one thing it's black,now you won't my saucy fingerprints all over it :becky:

Its not as cool looking as I was expecting. I like the ribbed case on the old one. Made it look and feel well made.

Just got some more pics:

206027_10150263009641382_82695891381_7364335_1060557_n.jpg

206200_10150263010071382_82695891381_7364345_5153600_n.jpg

284164_10150263009876382_82695891381_7364340_3037172_n.jpg

I have a stoker and it works great as long as I have it hard wired. I have not had any luck using a gaming wifi unit, not a stoker problem but wireless network issue.

Question for Stoker Users.
If your network is working but internet is down, will the browser still work for the stoker status?

i recently picked up a BBQ Guru ProCom4 for the simplicity and the fact that our internet provider seems to go down at the worst possible times.

So unlike the old Stoker it looks like there is a third device port in the back. Does that mean you can run a single setup (pit, food, fan) using only the ports in the back?

I'm thinking this is a option for running your wires behind the pit, making it a little cleaner looking.

So unlike the old Stoker it looks like there is a third device port in the back. Does that mean you can run a single setup (pit, food, fan) using only the ports in the back?

I'm thinking this is a option for running your wires behind the pit, making it a little cleaner looking.

That's True

I have a stoker and it works great as long as I have it hard wired. I have not had any luck using a gaming wifi unit, not a stoker problem but wireless network issue.

Question for Stoker Users.
If your network is working but internet is down, will the browser still work for the stoker status?

i recently picked up a BBQ Guru ProCom4 for the simplicity and the fact that our internet provider seems to go down at the worst possible times.

Yes it will still work on your LAN (local area network) but not outside of your network. So you would not be able to see it over the internet but you can see it from any of you local connected machines.

Mr mailman just dropped off a package to me right as I was firing up the egg. I couldn't resist opening it up and hooking the black box up right away. Now if the would only release the software update sooner than September!

Mine is with the postman so I should have it next week, I can't wait.

Mr mailman just dropped off a package to me right as I was firing up the egg. I couldn't resist opening it up and hooking the black box up right away. Now if the would only release the software update sooner than September!

Let us know how you like it...

WoW, that was quick got my "Black Box Stoker" in the mail today first run this weekend I'll keep you posted.

Sorry, took me a bit to reply. New Box works like a champ. It looks good and everything was good to go right out of the box. I verified the probes were set to correct temperature and they were from the factory. I quickly put it all together and slapped it on the WSM. I only ran it in standalone mode because I wanted to test it out and BBQ of course. I had it connected to my laptop through a crossover cable running stoker log and web interface. All temps were maintained well and the fan blower held very very steady temps.
This weekend I hope tap into the WIFI and see what works and doesn’t work with the supposedly new software to support WIFI coming out next month.

Back