The Shirley Fab Smoker is here!

We picked out up and got home around 6pm yesterday. Got it seasoned and that is about it. First cook will be Tuesday

Another happy customer. Too bad about that mistake on the SS emblem. Some black paint or hang your tools there to disguise it and I am sure no one will notice. Congrats JB...

Awesome Cooker!! How hot did your warmer get??

well the left side of the main chamber was 225 and the right side was 250 and the warmer was 300....that was with the deflector plate in the warmer and the firebox to warmer damper wide open and the main chamber exhaust half open and warmer exhaust wide open.....id like to be able to get the warmer hotter but still haven't figured that out...played with it for 4 hours yesterday lol

well the left side of the main chamber was 225 and the right side was 250 and the warmer was 300....that was with the deflector plate in the warmer and the firebox to warmer damper wide open and the main chamber exhaust half open and warmer exhaust wide open.....id like to be able to get the warmer hotter but still haven't figured that out...played with it for 4 hours yesterday lol

Obviously operator error:laugh: I was thinking how often would you be cooking enough to fill both racks AND the warmer?:confused:

lol its not about capacity...its about what im cooking.....for example..end of may...doing a large cook of brisket butt ribs and chicken...the chicken i would like to do all in the warmer at a much higher temp than everything else that will be cooking int he main chamber

it will be hard to get the warmer temp up to 400 without adding more wood to the firebox. when you do that the main chamber will be hotter than you want. my shirley main chamber likes to run at 300. i can keep the chamber and warmer at 300 all day long.sounds like you found your cookers sweet spot. to go past that will be a pain to maintain.

Congrats, you are going to love it. I have a turkey, ham, and rack of beef ribs on mine right now. Loving Easter and Lucille (what we named her) is purring along.

Welcome to the family.

Forgot to mention...Paul made a griddle plate for me to go in the warmer...this thing is HEAVY DUTY @ 40lbs!

Back