THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
I have had a basic starter model of the Foodsaver for years. I've used it a TON. I actually wore it the fark OUT I used it so much. I take it to every comp and vacuum seal all the leftovers after turn ins, I cook in bulk and vacuum seal at home all the time. At the last comp, I finally killed it once and for all. DONE. Since we got a couple of calls, I decided to use my part of the winnings to order one of THESE:

The Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver

In fact, there was a coupon that I found for 20% off (don't know if it still works: FSAVER20TW1) and they were also running a sale when I purchased for a discount (I think it was free shipping) on an order of more than $100.

The really odd thing was that that same vacuum sealer was also offered in a package deal for the SAME MONEY :shock:! I was actually listed as $329, but marked down to $199, the same price as the Silver alone. I just looked and it appears that this package is now out of stock, but here is the package:

Outdoorsman Premium Kit

Anyway....this thing is DA CHIT!

I used it last weekend and I can tell that the pump is bigger and stronger. There are less features that can fail on this model. It's got a lot more features than my other model had, one of which is a longer cord, an adapter so I can use it with a 12V outlet on my truck, roll storage right in the unit, the cutter, extra storage, the bag, etc.

Anyway.....if you do NOT have a Foodsaver, I can't recommend them enough. If you are thinking of ordering a cheaper model, I can only caution you that they are only warranted for 1 year. When my seal strip burnt through, they told me it was NOT a replaceable part so I had to rig it. A cheaper model will only suck and seal so many times in a row until the pump gets too hot and then you have to wait a while for it to cool down. The final straw for mine is when it failed to latch. I'd close it and it wouldn't work unless I actually pushed down on it (a real PIA). So, if you plan to use your vacuum sealer much more than once in a great while, I recommend a more substantial model.

We buy cheese in bulk from RD and slice and vacuum seal at home. I cook whole hams, beef roasts and corned beef roasts to cool, slice and vacuum seal for lunchmeat. When I cook, I cook 6-8 butts at a time, pull, cool and vacuum seal for storage or to give away or sell to those we know. I like to buy rubs in bulk and vacuum seal after each use. I can re-use my vacuum sealer bags after pouring out some rub. We buy lots of ears of sweet corn at a time, cook and vacuum seal. In other words....I USE IT A LOT.

There are great coupons all the time for the taking. I just google "Foodsaver coupons" and they pop right up. Recently there was one for 50% off any order! (which I missed by 1 day :doh:).

Just trying to help out and show off my new toy!

Good luck all!

Back