The Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
I have had a basic starter model of the Foodsaver for years. I've used it a TON. I actually wore it the fark OUT I used it so much. I take it to every comp and vacuum seal all the leftovers after turn ins, I cook in bulk and vacuum seal at home all the time. At the last comp, I finally killed it once and for all. DONE. Since we got a couple of calls, I decided to use my part of the winnings to order one of THESE:

The Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver

In fact, there was a coupon that I found for 20% off (don't know if it still works: FSAVER20TW1) and they were also running a sale when I purchased for a discount (I think it was free shipping) on an order of more than $100.

The really odd thing was that that same vacuum sealer was also offered in a package deal for the SAME MONEY :shock:! I was actually listed as $329, but marked down to $199, the same price as the Silver alone. I just looked and it appears that this package is now out of stock, but here is the package:

Outdoorsman Premium Kit

Anyway....this thing is DA CHIT!

I used it last weekend and I can tell that the pump is bigger and stronger. There are less features that can fail on this model. It's got a lot more features than my other model had, one of which is a longer cord, an adapter so I can use it with a 12V outlet on my truck, roll storage right in the unit, the cutter, extra storage, the bag, etc.

Anyway.....if you do NOT have a Foodsaver, I can't recommend them enough. If you are thinking of ordering a cheaper model, I can only caution you that they are only warranted for 1 year. When my seal strip burnt through, they told me it was NOT a replaceable part so I had to rig it. A cheaper model will only suck and seal so many times in a row until the pump gets too hot and then you have to wait a while for it to cool down. The final straw for mine is when it failed to latch. I'd close it and it wouldn't work unless I actually pushed down on it (a real PIA). So, if you plan to use your vacuum sealer much more than once in a great while, I recommend a more substantial model.

We buy cheese in bulk from RD and slice and vacuum seal at home. I cook whole hams, beef roasts and corned beef roasts to cool, slice and vacuum seal for lunchmeat. When I cook, I cook 6-8 butts at a time, pull, cool and vacuum seal for storage or to give away or sell to those we know. I like to buy rubs in bulk and vacuum seal after each use. I can re-use my vacuum sealer bags after pouring out some rub. We buy lots of ears of sweet corn at a time, cook and vacuum seal. In other words....I USE IT A LOT.

There are great coupons all the time for the taking. I just google "Foodsaver coupons" and they pop right up. Recently there was one for 50% off any order! (which I missed by 1 day :doh:).

Just trying to help out and show off my new toy!

Good luck all!

Thanks Wampus. I've been looking to get one of these, Thanks for the info.:clap:

Back