The Flameout Brisket

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
In another post, I talked about a flameout that I just had. This is the resulting brisket cook...

Trimmed her up:

Mixed up what I call the John Lewis rub - an 8:3:3:1 mix of 16-mesh pepper, kosher salt, Lawry's (a 16Adams fav) and garlic powder. If I'm being honest, I sometime "round down" the salt and/or Lawry's a bit as I'm a salt sissy. So we're working with something like this:

Fired up the MAK w/ LJ pecan ultra-mini-splits at 235F with the Smoke X4 running shotgun around 9PM and put 'er to bed. About 16-17 hrs later I had a darn flameout (my third since the summer of 20). Not a huge deal as I saw it coming thanks to the Smoke.

PS - don't tell Robb that I don't have the MAK wifi as taxes are due and I don't want him to impose any additional penalties or fees on me.

Any way, we restarted the cooker and finished. Stuck 'er in the redneck cambro - a party stacker for a little longer than I'd planned as my daughter and SIL were late to the party (nothing new).

We had some cowboy potatoes with tons of butter, onions and red peppers and some pintos. All served with white bread and sliced pickles and onions - we're proud Okie's after all. Sorry no pics of the sides - once the crew arrived it got a little western...

For those still interested, a flameout brisket looks like this:

Thanks for suffering thru this post.

They're roasted red potatoes with peppers and onions. We add a metric ton of butter and grated cheese to make them healthier...

I didn't take a photo of ours, be here's one from the master Kent Rollins:

Simply and tasty. they're a fam favorite at my casa. Try 'em sometime.

I can't believe you served that!!! Next time, call me. I have a flame-out brisket recovery start-up and I will be happy to remove that hideous object so your guests won't have to suffer.

But seriously, that looks amazing!!

Way to land on your feet Kevin. I also like your cookie jar. Do you have any info on it. My Mom collects them and thought it would make for a great gift.

Way to land on your feet Kevin. I also like your cookie jar. Do you have any info on it. My Mom collects them and thought it would make for a great gift.

Our VP of procurement *thinks* she ordered it off Pinterest but can’t remover for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pfffft. I'd love some of that brisket.

Good lookin' Cowboy Potatoes... even if they're not made with Real Cowboys. :roll:

Regardless of the insanity of your techniques.... that is an awesome brisket.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back