THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im assuming you are a CO. Father in law is in the business but only thing he got from an inmate was a shiv to his ribs. Gotta love CA inmates i guess.

On a side note, have him build a removable ash pan almost the circumference of the bottom. you will realize how much this helps after your 10th smoke.
I am not a CO, I am a truck driver, but there is always that danger no matter what you do or who you are. I didn't think about the ash pan. I figured I vacuum it out when I vacuum my pellet poopers.

It wont vacuum. If the fat from the food hits the ash it will coagulate and become sludge. I used a large cake pan(and i still need it bigger) but the cake pan can always go into the dishwasher once a month. I keep a metal garbage can by my smoker to dump all my previous ash. Just in case, you never know if ash still has a little spark to it.
kris

I have three drums I need sand blasted! Where do you send yours? and whats the rate? I go thru Jeff once or twice a week.

It wont vacuum. If the fat from the food hits the ash it will coagulate and become sludge. I used a large cake pan(and i still need it bigger) but the cake pan can always go into the dishwasher once a month. I keep a metal garbage can by my smoker to dump all my previous ash. Just in case, you never know if ash still has a little spark to it.
kris
Don't know what I was thinking. At 1 am I guess I wasn't. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet about the drippage and ash but it will more than likely be a drip pan of a sort. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I surely hadn't covered that part. I'll have to give it to my R&D team:biggrin:.

Don't know what I was thinking. At 1 am I guess I wasn't. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet about the drippage and ash but it will more than likely be a drip pan of a sort. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I surely hadn't covered that part. I'll have to give it to my R&D team:biggrin:.

Ive always been able to use a shop vac on my Drum. Yeah it turns to a sludge but I just do it the next morning and have never had a problem.

Looks good. I just hope you can control the intake well enough with that set up.

I've used variations of that intake for more than 30 barrels. Nothing better! I now use the Primo or BGE SS intake because I can reach in and give my basket a shake if I have a bridge in my lump but for control- it doesn't work better than this.

I empty my ashes every 3 or 4 bags of lump and even though I do mostly butts and ribs on the UDS I never have a sludge. I tried an ash pan and had a moisture/rust problem under the pan so I removed it. KISS works for me.

You better get him to sign a disclaimer, or when he gets out he will be in business making and selling them... :biggrin:

Actually I was thinking just the opposite. Let's get him making and selling them once he gets out. Barrels in Mid-Missouri can be had for $10. I don't know what kind of profit he could turn but at least it would be a legal income. Teach him how to post on Craigslist and let him go to town! Boost his confidence...let him know kudos are coming in nationwide.

Back