The 2010 Northern California BBQ Brethren Bash Photo Album and Bash Bite Collection

Wow, the little woman can be cruel. I thought the shirt was pretty cool.
:laugh: I actually hadn't notice the green shorts combo resemblence until she pointed it out and I have to admit it got a chuckle out of me. Although, the shirt is pretty sweet. :cool:

Here are some more pictures from the Bash. Oakpit was nice enough to host this madness, and we repaid him by doing things like this to the inside of his shop.

IMG_2979.jpg

Outside the shop were an array of pellet poopers, Big Green Eggs, and pizza ovens. Oh, and a WSM for good measure…

IMG_2972.jpg

One of these days I should probably invest in a camera with a wide angle lens. I seem to remember mentioning a pizza oven and a WSM…

IMG_2970.jpg

Phat Matt was nice enough to bring his Klose, and then proceeded to spend most of the day cooking. So much for his day off…

IMG_2981.jpg

Some of the goodies that came off the Klose included some killer babyback ribs and grilled oysters…

IMG_3018.jpg

… and that 9-foot sausage cooked during a rainstorm.

IMG_3028.jpg

There were other cookers there as well. There was a pellet-pooping UDS with a Rib-o-Lator and some killer pork tenderloins.

IMG_2986.jpg

There was a “standard” UDS and a Weber kettle in attendance.

IMG_2975.jpg

The Weber kettle saw a lot of action; I got pictures of tri-tips…

IMG_2994.jpg

… and some veggies. I saw some grilled pineapple on it as well, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it got used for some other grub as well; it seemed to be in use most of the afternoon.

IMG_3003.jpg

There were beer-can chickens cooked on a Primo or Kamodo Joe (not sure which, and unfortunately didn’t get a picture of it). Here’s a shot of one of the chickens backed up by some monster grilled-and-filled mushrooms.

IMG_3019.jpg

There was brisket…

IMG_3024.jpg

… and pulled pork…

IMG_3026.jpg

…and duck carnitas with guacamole (a whole story in and of itself)…

IMG_3013.jpg

… and a fried cheese curd contest (the Wisconsin cheese curds beat the California cheese curds; so much for happy cows).

IMG_3010.jpg

There were side dishes as well, such as Macaroni and Cheese…

IMG_3025.jpg

… Burnt End Potatoes…

IMG_3022.jpg

… and Sticky Pickles and Cherry Bombs. Oh, and those four pans of cobbler. Mustn’t forget the cobbler…

IMG_3021.jpg

And lest anyone think there was a meat shortage, put those thoughts out of your head. There were short ribs…

IMG_2989.jpg

… and that wonderful, heart-stopping concoction called a 3BGB.
IMG_3034.jpg

There were a lot of other goodies that I didn’t get pictures of, such as fatties, tri-tip chili, burgers from GrilliantIdeas, spicy chicken wings, and grilled peppers. But I did manage to get a shot or two of a tender moment between Tom of Big Butz BBQ and Charlotte from Phat Matt’s BBQ.

IMG_3035.jpg

I’m sure there were flowers and a field there somewhere…

IMG_3036.jpg

Now I wonder how much I can get to remove these from the post?

IMG_3037.jpg

As you can see, a good time was had by all. As well as serious food comas...

I have a stash of limited edition 3BGBs in the freezer. I plan on having that oaky, smokey, gooey, meaty, crunchy, goodness for breakfast soon.

BigButz made the sausage gravy in my kitchen out of fresh rendered lard and herbs from my garden. It was easily the smoothest and best tasting gravy I've ever had. There was also serious artistry in the dough and two stage frying process.

Tom, you are a food wizard.

I have a stash of limited edition 3BGBs in the freezer. I plan on having that oaky, smokey, gooey, meaty, crunchy, goodness for breakfast soon.

BigButz made the sausage gravy in my kitchen out of fresh rendered lard and herbs from my garden. It was easily the smoothest and best tasting gravy I've ever had. There was also serious artistry in the dough and two stage frying process.

Tom, you are a food wizard.

To be honest, the two stage frying process only happened with the first batch, the second ones were only in the grease once.

As a side note, I did get asked why I haven't made them for my mother in-law yet when I got home. :becky:

Also, if Phat Matt's ever gets a deep fryer I wouldn't be surprised if it magically appeared as a special on weekends. :laugh:

Dang... What a bash!!!

3BGB's!!!! :clap2: Godda try making somma them! And fried cheese curds?? sounds like breakfast!

NUTZ!! I NEED the how-to on making me some sticky pickles!!! :thumb: (sounds awefully homo-erotic dudnit? :icon_blush:)

Smoke them duck taco's look incredible! I dunno if I would have been able to move on to the next dish... prolly woulda plopped down and ate the whole batch of em' right there!

Dang... What a bash!!!

We will soon be setting the date for next years Northern California Mega Bash. That should give you plenty of time to plan a trip down here.

This year's was just a rehearsal for what will occur next time!

I've heard rumors of breading and deep frying an entire cow! Just sayin'

We will soon be setting the date for next years Northern California Mega Bash. That should give you plenty of time to plan a trip down here.

That's assuming I haven't done something between now & then to make you put me back on "ignore" :wink: :heh:
godda say, I don't think my chances are good... :tsk:

I've heard rumors of breading and deep frying an entire cow! Just sayin'

:shocked: OK... best behavior!!!

Oh and maybe wrap that cow around a hog, stuffed with a lamb stuffed with a turkey>goose>duck>pheasent>grouse>quail>... squirrel??
All wrapped up with a bacon weave! :bow:

The idea of including a big hunt, maybe going after a wild hog or two is now on my mind. Although I have some concerns about safety with a Brethren pre-Bash hunt party.

Me: Gee, that doesn't really look like a hog
Knucklhd: It is a rare type of hog
Me: kinda large isn't it?
Knucklhd: I only shoot large hogs
Me: Seems awfully black. no?
Knucklhd: It will look more brown once morning hits
Me: Why does it have a yellow ear tag?
Knucklhd: That did seem odd, here, lemme cut that off

Back