The 2010 Northern California BBQ Brethren Bash Photo Album and Bash Bite Collection

Now that I have semi-emerged from my self-induced meat coma and can think straight I thought I would write a short wrap up of the day.

First and foremost a giant thanks to Bob (Landarc) for starting the idea of a Northern California/SF Bay Area BBQ Bash. His enthusiasm made it all possible. And for him to come out and hobble around on the bum leg was true dedication.

Thanks to Tim (Oakpit) and Carrie (his darling significant other) for hosting the Bash at their store. Great location for a Bash. What special people you are.

To Charlotte, Phat Matt (and even KK) for closing their restaurant for the weekend and hauling the Klose pit out so we could have all this fun. I know it was supposed to be a day off, Matt, but your rocked the place the brisket. And it wouldn't have been the same without Char's cobbler.

To BigButz for making the trip from Wisconsin a giant thanks.

To Rob (Smokejumper) thanks for all the extra effort. Oysters, duck fajitas and a nine foot long sausage. I dare to say with those meal items and the cheese curds from you and Tom we had some of the most unusual food items ever at a Bash. Rendering your off pork fat for the duck fajitas was over the top and I'm thankful for the container of it that you gave me. Looking forward to trying it on something. Not sure what yet, but it'll be good.

I'd like to thank everyone else who made the drive. Yesterday was what this forum is all about. As an OB (Original Brethren) I know what it means to have great friends online and finally get to meet them. Enjoying what we do with others who appreciate our efforts is a great way to spend a day.

I hope we can make this an annual event. Stay tuned for details on next year because we are going over the top next year. Some of us are already kicking around some ideas, so get ready...

I am actually feeling a little over fed.

No kidding... I don't know how many times I walked by that pile of Matt's ribs and those pans of Char's INCREDIBLE cobbler and couldn't even think about having another bite. Now THAT is over fed. :shocked:

I had a great time, as did my dad. It was great to expose him to cooking styles other than his own. :wink:

Tom (Big Butz) made this sausage-gravy-filled fatty, sliced it, covered the slices with biscuit dough, and deep-fried it. I ate one... it was good. ;-)
picture.php

My dad and I made some veggies and pineapple:
picture.php

Man, I really missed out. I had to drive to Healdsburg to pick up a new puppy. Of all days...

It looks like you guys had a really good time. Congrats. Count me in next time! :)

The Place/Setting

I took quite a few pics at the Bash yesterday. I'll be posting them in 4 categories: The Place/Setting, The People, The Cookers, and The Food.

Here's the Place/Setting:

Blacksmith Square in Livermore, CA:
IMG_6562.jpg

Green Leaf BBQ:

IMG_6518.jpg

The lot in the AM:

IMG_6498.jpg

The Banner (courtesy of YeloNUTZ):

IMG_6513.jpg

The People

OK, I met a lot of people and I'm terrible with names. Add in a lack of sleep from an overnight cook and food coma from overeating and well... my apologies if I don't identify you in these pics or you don't see a pic of you.

Pics in order they were taken (easier for me to track what I've posted). If multiple Brethren are in a pic, names read from left to right.

smokinyankees, jruloph, and DerrickG:
IMG_6525.jpg

SacramentoHusker, Rodney, and BigButzBBQ (not sure why Tom needs the glass):
IMG_6549.jpg

SmokeJumper and landarc:
IMG_6554.jpg

BBQ PD:
IMG_6555.jpg

BigButzBBQ:
IMG_6559.jpg

SmokeJumper and TrevBQ:
IMG_6563.jpg

zydecopaws and landarc:
IMG_6564.jpg

OakPit:
IMG_6565.jpg

Old Smoke:
IMG_6566.jpg

BBQ Grail:
IMG_6567.jpg

Old Smoke, ribet69, landarc, Phat Matts BBQ (Charlotte - in background by the truck), BigButtzBBQ, and Rodney:
IMG_6607.jpg

The Cookers

Phat Matt's BBQ - Klose cooker (that is Phat Matt behind the smoke stacks - he's hard to catch in a photo cause he's always moving):
IMG_6497.jpg

Rodney's UDS and OTS:
IMG_6503.jpg

ribet69's UDS with Rib o lator:
IMG_6504.jpg

Sacramento Huskers Kamado:
IMG_6505.jpg

The great wall of cookers (BBQ PDs Backwoods, OakPit's Green Mountain Grill, 2 BGEs, and Sole Wood-Fired Pizza Oven):
IMG_6511.jpg

The CrockaQue:
IMG_6512.jpg

Odin and his Weber kettle:
IMG_6519.jpg

Pizza oven crusing along at 700 degrees:
IMG_6550.jpg

The Food (pron heavy)

Lots of food went onto Phat Matt's Klose and I wasn't able to identify everyone's dishes so accept my apologies if I don't credit you with the item:

My butts :)heh: yes it is fun to say this):
IMG_6496.jpg

Baby backs (thanks zydecopaws for the big rib purchase) and potatoes:
IMG_6522.jpg

Yelonutz's sticky pickles and cherry bombs:
IMG_6528.jpg

Charlotte of Phat Matt's BBQ cobbler extravaganza (raspberry/blackberry, peach, and strawberry):
IMG_6530.jpg

Phat Matt's potatoes stuffed with burnt ends & cheese:
IMG_6531.jpg

Phat Matt's brisket, mac n' cheese, and portabellos:
IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

SacramentoHusker's beer can chicken:
IMG_6538.jpg

Baby Backs (seemed like a group cook):
IMG_6541.jpg

SmokeJumper's oysters:
IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

BigButzBBQ sauce was pouring:
IMG_6548.jpg

Rodney's veggies:
IMG_6556.jpg

Fatties and jello shots from Greg of Livin the Dream Bar-B-Q (I didn't get his brethren name):
IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6597.jpg

The 9 foot sausage (took 3-4 brethren to corral it):
IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6585.jpg

BigButzBBQ's 3BGB:
IMG_6603.jpg

Well, what a great time we had. I especially want to thank Tim and Carrie (Oakpit) for hosting the bash, and to all the folks who provided some of the most outstanding food anyone could consume. As always, it was great meeting up with old friends, and making new ones. We really look forward to more gatherings. Until the next time, smoke on!

Well... Ya'll did it, Congratulations!!! :thumb::thumb: Make's me feel even worse I could not attend. :evil: But the choice of being able to attend the "BASH" because I still lived in Calif. (50+ years) or being here in Montana (12+ years) is a no brainer for me. Thanks to all for posting the pron of the "Annual"(?) event. And yes I would have loved to attend and make myself miserable by eating WAY TO MUCH!!! :tape::tape::tape::becky::becky::becky:

There will be another Hank, at least that is the plan. I have a couple of ideas, one even includes a open pit fire if I can find a place to pull it off.

tom im up for your place next yr.. it was great to meet you and taste the 3BGBs and the cheese curds also very good thanks tim and Carrie (Oakpit) and landarc and bbq grail and phat matts bbq and all the very nice folks that I met and seen at the bash it was very cool to have every body cook stuff and to bs with everybody its what make for bbq and fun

Great pictures everyone! I'm glad you all caught photos because I was either going nuts on a cooker or getting to know you all. R2Egg2Q, I hereby name you the Bay Area Bash photographer for all perpetuity.
I'm already thinking about next year...

Great food and really cool to hang out , thanks for a great time.

My thanks to all the folks I met and was able to talk to on Saturday. I'm happy you all liked my Tenderloins and left enough for the 2 hungry guys at home. All the food was just wonderful and I'm oh so happy the rain held off until later. Good Bash. Mary

It was great to meet every one and the food was spectacular! I hope to see every one again soon.

Back