Texas's BBQ List

I enjoy these lists for what they put on them and for what they leave out. For me, most notable is LABBQ and Louis Mueller's. And there never seems to be any lover for Rudy's on these lists. :becky:

Our Rudy's is always great. Lubbock, College Station are two others. Drive by Rudy's on IH40 about 1pm today and parking lot full drive thru backed up. I don't eat a whole lot of BBQ out, but when I do It's Rudy's. They make Green Chile Stew with smoked pork that is phenomenal, though a tad warm for the Bride.

Confession - I love Rudy's breakfast tacos with brisket (probably yesterday's).

I love these lists because I use them to plan visiting new restaurants. The problem, however, is that because of the internet everyone with half a mind to learn can cook pretty decent BBQ and if motivated can open their own place. That doesn't guarantee success but it does mean great BBQ can now be found almost anywhere. So these lists get longer day by day and brisket, once a cheap meat because few could cook it - aint.

I love these lists because I use them to plan visiting new restaurants. The problem, however, is that because of the internet everyone with half a mind to learn can cook pretty decent BBQ and if motivated can open their own place. That doesn't guarantee success but it does mean great BBQ can now be found almost anywhere. So these lists get longer day by day and brisket, once a cheap meat because few could cook it - aint.[/QUOTE

Texas Monthly years ago published a Brisket Frito Pie "procedural" involving a stop at Rudy's. I must admit I've followed the article a few times. Ok, multiple few

I love these lists because I use them to plan visiting new restaurants. The problem, however, is that because of the internet everyone with half a mind to learn can cook pretty decent BBQ and if motivated can open their own place. That doesn't guarantee success but it does mean great BBQ can now be found almost anywhere. So these lists get longer day by day and brisket, once a cheap meat because few could cook it - aint.

Go on Saturday or Sunday when they have Prime Rib and ask for a Prime Rib Egg and Cheese Taco or Bowl. It's loaded with Prime Rib and costs just as much as the other tacos.

Our Rudy's is always great. Lubbock, College Station are two others. Drive by Rudy's on IH40 about 1pm today and parking lot full drive thru backed up. I don't eat a whole lot of BBQ out, but when I do It's Rudy's. They make Green Chile Stew with smoked pork that is phenomenal, though a tad warm for the Bride.

I've been to several Rudy's and multiple times. Some are really outstanding, others, quite decent. A few are a bit sparse on the seasoning -- not sure why. I remember the one in College Station quite fondly. I've been a few times and it was quite nice. The first time I was there for a to-do and they wanted to take me out to a nice place. I suggested Rudy's of course, but they would have none of it. We had our nice, fancy dinner, ... and then I went to Rudy's and had a much better second dinner.

Back