Texas Mega-Bash - Sat Oct 17th @ Belton Lake

the key is to leave miserable. Actually, get miserable by about 2pm and keep stuffing food down!

Nailed it.

There's no secret, there's just intestinal pain that separates the men from the boys.

But seriously, I make it to the end of the day by just sampling little bits of stuff. One of the keys seems to be not letting myself eat half a dozen fatty biscuits first thing.

The key for me is to exercise before leaving for the bash, exercise when I get home and love every minute of the binge in between.

anybody else thinking about fasting for a couple days before the bash? I know I am going to want to try everything. So bash veterens...is the key to these things portion control?:wink:

the key is to leave miserable. Actually, get miserable by about 2pm and keep stuffing food down!

I was actually thinking about asking the Doc for a colostomy bag, then laughing at the miserable people as a stuff it down and just change the bag

:roll:

anybody else thinking about fasting for a couple days before the bash? I know I am going to want to try everything. So bash veterens...is the key to these things portion control?:wink:

I'm scheduled to do a 7 mile run that morning before leaving for the bash and a 70 mile bike ride the day after (half ironman training), so my plan is to just eat and call it refueling.

So with 3 weeks to go it looks like we have 21 to attend.
We are working on a few sides that we can cook in the fryer during the day. May pickup a few off the shelf items from RD.

Sliding Billy, did you figure out transportation on the Blackstone? I have one but don't know if I can fit it and everything else in the truck.
We tend to bring all lot of gear when we plan to cook at Eggfests. I think this may be about the same. Just not 600 people like we normally see.

We will be coming down on the heels of the Jefferson TX Eggfest on Oct 10. So I may invite a few of the Texas Eggheads if that is OK.

I was hoping to make this bash but maybe next time.

My son gets limited time off, due to current short staffing...and we'll be fishing offshore in Port Aransas for a few days. (I turned him on to fishing at age 4 and now at 35, he is out there catching yellow fin tuna 200 miles offshore.)

Anyone else into saltwater fishing?

I know that ya'll will make this a fun time and will try to make the Spring Bash.

I was hoping to make this bash but maybe next time.

My son gets limited time off, due to current short staffing...and we'll be fishing offshore in Port Aransas for a few days. (I turned him on to fishing at age 4 and now at 35, he is out there catching yellow fin tuna 200 miles offshore.)

Anyone else into saltwater fishing?

I know that ya'll will make this a fun time and will try to make the Spring Bash.

Heading to Grand Isle the week of the bash. Mostly inshore chasing reds. One of the guys just purchased a 50K boat, and will be dragging it up from Texas. Maybe do some offshore this time around.

Bring 'em.:thumb: I know they have a big eggfest in Salado every year so they might be a little familiar with the area.
Yes sir I have cooked at the last 3 or 4 at Salado.
Ok so I will see if I can up the count. :becky:

Okay, I just found out that the triathlon I'm running on Sunday the 18th has a mandatory meeting on the 17th. I guess I'm going to miss another one.

Reposting this here in case other brethrens in need are also interested:

You can't get Beef ribs where you're at Bludawg? Do you want me to bring a case of Angus Chuck Short Ribs in a cooler up to the Texas Brethren Bash for you (not to cook over there of course, but for your personal use)?

I don't mind picking a case up from RD before I go.

They come 4 slabs of 3 huge bones each per cryo, and there are 4 cryos per case. So 16 slabs, typically comes out to be about $400-$450. If you want, I can bring a case and you and a few other brethrens can split the case?

A6560666-23DF-4958-B42E-E445F7EF97B8.jpg

95f6c0bfa31d2ecfb4e0a63b23c70b85.jpg

....Wish I could get good beef ribs ya'll are torturing me:sad:

And for the bash, if someone would lend smoker space for 6 hours, I can bring and cook a couple of these slabs myself. Just let me know. Otherwise I was thinking of bringing lamb chops for direct grilling.

Last edited:
Isn't somebody bringing a Shirley? That could probably cook everything by itself.

Also if somebody wants to go really old school, there are cookers on site that could be used with the burn barrel + shovel method.

Also if somebody wants to go really old school, there are cookers on site that could be used with the burn barrel + shovel method.

That would be an awesome experience us City Farkers don't usually get to do.

I have decided to go ahead and book a room in Belton so I can crash for a few hours before showering and driving fresh straight to church on 290. There's no sense to go home tired.

And for the bash, if someone would lend smoker space for 6 hours, I can bring and cook a couple of these slabs myself. Just let me know. Otherwise I was thinking of bringing lamb chops for direct grilling.

Should be room on my Shirley for beef ribs. If not we WILL make room somewhere.:becky:

Back