THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man this place is slipping.

There's no reason to buy one because with weber's hanging rack you can hang meat in your wsm like a pbc. And the wsm w/rack works better than a PCB as it's easier to start, you can easily adjust the temp, put the fire out, and clean it.

There's no reason to buy one because with weber's hanging rack you can hang meat in your wsm like a pbc. And the wsm w/rack works better than a PCB as it's easier to start, you can easily adjust the temp, put the fire out, and clean it.

Does this actually work? That Weber rack looks kind of flimsy. Would it really support a big pork butt or turkey hanging?

If you have to ask, you need to buy it. You know your mind is already made up, so just go get it. No such thing as too many grills or smokers.

I find it funny that most of the responses "not" to buy it is because you should buy a different smoker IE: UDS/WSM. Yeah ... you came to the right place to be talked out of buying a smoker!

Yeah but you don't have any horseshoes.

I've owned and cooked on both. Take two identical packer Briskets seasoned and prepped. Cook one in PBC and one in WSM. Cook them perfectly. They will both be great but I promise you can tell the difference.
Kind of like hot caramel sundae versus a hot butterscotch sundae. So close yet subtle difference

Not worth the money for a 30 gallon size. You could easily make 2 or 3 UDS's for that. That coating is not worth the money. I found a powder coater that will blast and powder coat a drum with high heat coating for $25. You will be happier with t he 22.5 inch grate size as well

Not worth the money for a 30 gallon size. You could easily make 2 or 3 UDS's for that. That coating is not worth the money. I found a powder coater that will blast and powder coat a drum with high heat coating for $25. You will be happier with t he 22.5 inch grate size as well

Here we go again. Never gets old hearing that claim.

If you really want it pull the trigger, i'll back you up! However when the time comes for me (or any other bretheren) to need back up to talk our lady bosses into letting us get some new toys you do the same! ;)

I'm wondering... How does one do a baked porcelain-enamel coating at home? OK, let's go old-school, how does one apply a 1200* powder coat at home? ;-)

JD

I'm wondering... How does one do a baked porcelain-enamel coating at home? OK, let's go old-school, how does one apply a 1200* powder coat at home? ;-)

JD

First you have to build an oven.:becky: http://www.homemadetools.net/powder-coating-oven-25

Baileyandoven007.jpg

Well, the bug is biting me again and I'm looking at new toys. Have two Weber kettles, a small pellet smoker, and a WSM 18.5.

Very intrigued by the PBC, especially with the new coating and upgrades. In my head, I know that I don't NEED a PBC, but damn do I want one.

So, anyone who has a WSM and PBC, or other charcoal smoker and a PBC...is it overkill? Is there any real reason to have them both!? :crazy:

This is why I love my PBC!! Nothing compares to cooking ribs and watching my kids play softball and baseball at the park!! :becky::thumb:

Attachments

I had one of these PBC and a WSM 22" ..... kind of a waste to have both but the PBC was much easier to transport if that is your thing (only because it was smaller than the WSM 22). I preferred cooking on the WSM over the PBC.

Back