Tacos on my new Komodo Kamado

bosco0633

is one Smokin' Farker
Tonight the weather cooperated and I wanted to cook on my KKs. I have had them for a week now and have yet to cook on them. Many people asked me what my first cook would be... and I figured go with what I love the most!!

I love Mexican food and figured I was due to make some carne asada. I added a few more things to the meal.

I marinated flank steak with my carne asada mojo, and used John Henry's Cilantro and Lime on the chicken and shrimp.

I am very impressed with the Komodo Kamado!! Nice to finally pop its cherry

Anyways here you go!!

I just love the look and feel of the KK

_DSC1410.jpg

After getting the 23 up to 375, I added some chicken to start. Then I added some steak, and finally the shrimp. The smells coming from the top cap was just amazing!!!

_DSC1416-2.jpg

Once I pulled the chicken off, I added a bit more heat. I went up to 400 with no effort at all

_DSC1421.jpg

After it was all finished, I brought everything into the house

_DSC1425.jpg

While I was cooking my 12 year old son helped make the corn tortillas. We pressed 16 of them!!!

all the fixings!!

_DSC1427.jpg

3 tacos, one shrimp, one chicken and one steak. Added my home made pico and some queso cheese!!!!!!

_DSC1430.jpg

A great cook tonight and I am very pleased with the results. I wish I could share with all of you!!

That is a great looking cook and a funky looking cooker. Cool!

I would hit those carne asada tacos with avocado, cilantro, and pico so freaking hard...

YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!!! WHERE'S MY PLATE??? Those look perfect, great way to break that bad boy in...

Back