Tacos--Mega pron so bare with me

Awesome cook Saiko!

See what happens when you don't have any girls to distract you... :becky:

Crazy bueno! Any way I can get the ingredient list for the achiote paste? I usually make the serious eats al pastor recipe and use store bought achiote paste. As you point out, not the best. Making my own may be the way to go in the future.

You did it right, no short cuts and the payoff is clearly obvious. Thanks for sharing, amazing job.

That is awesome neighbor!

You mind breaking down the recipe for those marinades? - They look Soooooo Dayum Goooood! :clap2:

Thanks neighbor!

Here are the recipes

Carne asada

The rub is for about 3lbs of flap meat (you can plus or minus depending the meat quantity)

2 TBS Dried oregano

2 TBS Seasoned salt (I found Lawry's to be the best)

3 TBS Garlic powder or granulated

1 TSP black pepper

1 Onion

3 oranges

Mix the rub together.

Cut the onion into thin slices.

Sprinkle the rub on both sides of the flap meat steaks, stack it on top of each other with the sliced onions in between each steak.

Squeeze the juice from the oranges and pour it over the seasoned meat and let it marinade. I find it the longer it marinates the better.

That's it!

Achiote Paste recipe

1 1/2 TBS achiote molido (ground annatto)

1/2 TBS ground corriander

1/2 TBS black pepper

1/3 TSP ground cloves

1/2 TSP cumin

1 TSP ground allspice

2 TSP dried oregano

5 cloves of garlic

1 TSP salt

1-2 TBS Freshly squeezed orange juice or vinegar or both

Blend all the spices in the blender or a food processor thoroughly and start adding the liquid (orange juice/vineger) slowly to form a paste like substance. Not too soft and not too hard.

The above yields 3 TBS of Achiote paste which is exactly how much is needed for 5 lbs meat.

Here is the marinade for the pork

3 TBS Achiote paste (recipe above) PS you can buy it at the store but

6 Ancho chile pods

6 Pasilla chile pods or Guajillo chile pods

3 TSP oregano

2 TSP cumin

3/4 cup white vinegar

9 cloves of garlic

Onion to taste (optional)

2 to 2 1/2 TBS salt

1-2 TSP sugar (optional)

1 fresh pineapple preferably

Break open the chile pods and dump out the seeds.

Put the chiles in boiling water and let it turn soft.

Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processer until it gets nice a runny like sauce. Add water if need be.

Chop up the pineapple into chunks.

Cut the pork butt or loin into thin strips/slices and dump the marinade plus the pineapples over them. Mix them real good and let them marinate at least 12 hrs. More wouldn't hurt.

Grill and enjoy!

That is it!!

Crazy bueno! Any way I can get the ingredient list for the achiote paste? I usually make the serious eats al pastor recipe and use store bought achiote paste. As you point out, not the best. Making my own may be the way to go in the future.

Achiote Paste recipe

1 1/2 TBS achiote molido (ground annatto)

1/2 TBS ground corriander

1/2 TBS black pepper

1/3 TSP ground cloves

1/2 TSP cumin

1 TSP ground allspice

2 TSP dried oregano

5 cloves of garlic

1 TSP salt

1-2 TBS Freshly squeezed orange juice or vinegar or both

Blend all the spices in the blender or a food processor thoroughly and start adding the liquid (orange juice/vineger) slowly to form a paste like substance. Not too soft and not too hard.

The above yields 3 TBS of Achiote paste which is exactly what's needed for 5 lbs meat.

Last edited:
looks awesome!

was the young lady that you were telling us you cooked for present to sample more of your fine cooking?

Thank you Nate! We're not together any longer so she missed out. :grin:

Awesome cook Saiko!

See what happens when you don't have any girls to distract you... :becky:

Thanks Norm! Isn't that the truth? :biggrin1:

Man! That all looks outstanding Sako! :shocked:
There must be a throw down. You always bring out the big guns for a TD....lol. :thumb:

Speechless!
You knocked it out of the park Neighbor, Super Nommy!!!
I agree with the above ^^^ Her loss. :thumb:

edited to add...
Deserving of 5 stars. Great thread Sako!

Last edited:
Nice !!!!!! That's the new benchmark right there. Anybody can top that let's see it!! I wish I could, I've been known to borrow those recipes though. I'm gonna try to get close. Good job!!!

I need recipes to everything!!

Looks amazing as always! I'm over here drooling after my work out. I worked out so I can have tacos right? Haha

Man! That all looks outstanding Sako! :shocked:
There must be a throw down. You always bring out the big guns for a TD....lol. :thumb:

Thanks Andrew!! TD or not, this is how I always do tacos. Just really detailed for the TD. :mrgreen:

Back